To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Carson City, NV
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Operations Specialist or Sr. Operations Specialist / Admin Assistant - Carson City, NV
Waste Management • Carson City, NV
Posted 22 days ago
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Provides clerical and administrative support to departmental Managers, and assists in coordinating all aspects of daily operations, including recording and reporting data.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving safety, service, and operational issues.
- Creates, distributes, and closes-out customer tickets on a daily basis.
- Maintains and distributes department related information on a daily basis.
- Communicates with other supervisors and managers about operations and/or dispatch issues.
- Completes and maintains a variety of reports as directed by the department manager.
- Uses software tools to manage a variety of tasks, such as procurement, time and attendance, safety incidents, and contract labor.
- Assists with data collection and reporting required for incentive pay programs.
- Assists with the processing of payments and other financial tasks as necessary.
- Assists in the implementation of operational projects as needed.
- Communicates with customers about service issues as needed.
- Communicates with employees about scheduling and work assignments as needed.
- May enter and maintain Service Machine SMART data on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. (accredited)
- Experience: No prior work experience required.
- Desired: 2+ years of related experience as an administrative assistant or in operations
B. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn new applications
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Experience with accounts payable, invoice matching, Procure to Pay (P2P) a plus
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click 'Apply.”
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.