Syms Strategic Group (SSG)
is seeking a talented SQA/Requirements ManagerPlease join SSG's team in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)Department:
Full TimeMin. Experience:
ExperiencedSecurity Clearance Level:
Public Trust (MBI) Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply!Essential Duties and Responsibilities
***This position requires previous Department of Veterans Affairs experience***This is a dual position: Software Tester and Requirements Manager
Required Skills and Experience
- Track new incoming requests including epics and user stories that describe the requirements in detail; upload required data in centrally located, configuration-controlled repositories, and provide updates, as necessary.
- Coordinate with the Release Manager who has been assigned to the planned release and provide answers to questions from the Release Manager and any provide additional information that may be requested; view project status in the central repositories throughout development, and report and coordinate any issues with the VA PM.
- Coordinate release activities with Release Manager, Testing Manager, Project Manager, and Program Manager to further along the approval process for any release related documentation.
- Participate in the release preparation; assist in the preparation of the release summary reports; verify data for every release is collected.
- Identify and evaluate included release work items, create, and execute associated testing processes, methods, scripts, and test methods of systematic work activities, document and track test outcomes in VA approved tools and reports, identify and schedule testers, evaluate and report test participants, test results, and outcomes.
- Ensure testing, release, and deployment records are complete, thorough, and in compliance with VA program and project guidance, updated in accordance with the release, testing, deployment, and program management policies.
- Create, monitor, and update the requirements traceability for all requirements for each assigned project, tracking the source of the requirement, the date the requirement was identified, the system application/module assigned, and test status. The Contractor shall utilize VA approved tools.
- Facilitate requirement planning sessions for functional and technical requirements gathering and coordinate elaboration sessions between end users, business subject matter experts and technical personnel. The Contractor shall publish meeting notes for all meeting attendees and ensure that they are stored in the respective project SharePoint sites.
- Provide support for business use cases, epic stories, and user stories, with input from VA business stakeholders. If gaps are identified, the Contractor shall document missing business use cases via the prescribed business use case format.
- Must have previous Veterans Affairs Experience
- Requirements Management experience
- UAT/SQA Testing experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while contributing to overall company success
- Must have experience working in an Agile IT environment
Bachelor's degreeRequired Professional Experience
- 8+ years experience
- 508 Compliance experience
- Previous VA experience
- Agile IT environment experience
Security Clearance Requirements
- NCA experience
- Experience working with VA OI&T
Must possess or qualify for a Public Trust (MBI)Citizenship Requirement
U.S. Citizenship required for this specific opportunityCRITICAL NOTES:
U.S Citizenship is required for this specific opportunity
- SSG will not make assumptions regarding your qualifications. Your answers to the mandatory screening questions must be supported by the information on your resume. Applications with inconsistencies will not be considered.
- Recruiters or Third parties will not be considered
- Applicants from CA, CO, NJ, NY will not be considered. All other U.S. based locations may be considered based upon individual qualifications.
. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Syms Strategic Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
- Agile Methodology
- Microsoft Share Point
- Program Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Requirements Elicitation
- Requirements Management