We will fill positions as an Admissions Specialist or Admissions Counselor
Vermilion Behavioral Health Systems provides a comprehensive benefits package. Current benefits include:
• Competitive hourly rate with shift differential available
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Acadia Healthcare 401(k) plan
• Excellent training program
• Professional growth opportunity that is second to none in the industry. Join a team with defined career paths and a national family of hospitals and facilities
AVAILABLE SHIFTS AND HOURS:
We have 2 full-time night positions available -12 hour shifts (7-7) with rotating weekend shifts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitate intake, admission and utilization review process for incoming patients.
- Perform insurance benefit verifications, disseminating the information gathered to patient, their families and appropriate internal staff.
- Provide accurate and ongoing assessment of patient’s status in the admission and utilization process.
- Respond to inquiries about the facility within facility policy timeframes.
- Schedule/complete pre-admission assessments and communicate recommendations to patient or their family.
- Collaborate with other facility medical and psychiatric personnel to ensure appropriate recommendations and admissions.
- Provide accurate and ongoing assessment of patient’s status in the admissions, intake and utilization process.
- Provide education to patient and their family throughout stay.
- Perform ongoing assessments of physical/function, emotional, social, spiritual and financial needs patients and implements crisis intervention and referral.
- Provide education regarding healthcare and social resource systems to empower patient and their family to access resources independently.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
Master's degree in a Therapeutic Counseling, Behavioral Science, Social Work or related field. May also be a registered nurse, in which case, a bachelor's degree in nursing is required.
Three plus years of mental/behavioral health experience working with individuals in a clinical or observational capacity, preferably within the area of specialty for the facility.
Experience in the managed care pre-certification process, level of care assessments and utilization.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)