To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Part Time Weekend Diesel Mechanic
First Transit • New Brunswick, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
Now Hiring Fleet Maintenance Mechanics - Gas/Auto, Diesel or CNG experience considered!
Do you have light & medium duty diesel or automotive experience? Join the First Transit team at our Princeton & Rutgers University shuttle location!
Why pick First Transit? Glad You Asked!
- Up to $35/hour based on experience & qualifications + bonus money for ASE certifications
- ASE training and testing materials provided - Earn more money for each certification you obtain!
- Company uniforms provided
- Growth potential - Advance your career as Shop Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our Greyhound, First Student, & First Vehicle Services divisions across North America!
- Ongoing training
- A great work environment!
VEHICLE TECHNICIAN JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics)
- Test drives repaired equipment
- Inspects and services vehicles
- Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken
- Performs all other duties as assigned
VEHICLE TECHNICIAN QUALIFICATIONS:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Technical school training helpful
- Previous vehicle maintenance experience required – auto, gas diesel or CNG experience considered!
- Be willing to obtain ASE certifications while employed – company paid training & bonuses provided!
- Subject to a background check and drug screen
Now is the time to enhance your career…not just pursue another job. You do not want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer