At Optum, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at Optum, a business of UnitedHealth Group, is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can - do culture - we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Optum Care Medical Group serve the communities within Orange and southern Los Angeles counties. The combined medical group is composed of 15 practices with more than 90 physicians and mid-level providers. From pediatric and adolescent medicine, to adult and senior care, Optum Care Medical Group strive to provide a higher level of service through our unique, patient - driven model.
In this Medical Assistant role, you will learn from healthcare experts as you work side by side to provide care for patients in a clinic setting. You will build meaningful relationships with patients, their family members, healthcare providers, and office staff while providing high quality direct patient care. You will enjoy profound job satisfaction as you impact the care and comfort of our patient population. We offer the benefits of working for a large, multi - national company - career opportunities, great benefits, paid time off, and more! The successful candidate will have experience as a Medical Assistant and demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively, and have the ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
*Schedule includes varied hours/shifts, including nights and weekends.
- Works within the California MA Scope of Practice to performs patient intake process (vital signs, history)
- Performs clinical procedures (injections, ear lavage, EKG)
- Assists the providers with invasive procedures
- Maintains clinical logs (autoclave, temperature logs)
- Submits electronic referrals for additional services
- Enrolls / responds to electronic patient messages in the patient portal program
- Processes medication refills per protocol
- Makes / takes patient calls
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate from a Medical Assistant program/school, or a Registered Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant
- 1+ years of back office Medical Assistant experience
- Current CPR card for Healthcare Professionals (BLS) or willing to obtain
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Experience working in Family Practice and / or Urgent Care practice working with adults and children
- EMR experience
- Experience in working with HMO, PPO, Medicare and CalOptima payers
Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare Medical Group (OCMG) serves the communities within Orange and Los Angeles counties in Southern California. From pediatric and adolescent medicine, to adult and senior care, we strive to provide a higher level of service through our unique, patient-driven model. At OCMG, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at OptumCare is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can-do culture—we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medical assistant, MA, BLS, front office, back office, EMR, medical office, HMO, PPO, Optum, OCMG, Seal Beach, CA, California, Women, LGBTQ, BIPOC