To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shreveport, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Shreveport, LA
Posted 9 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex Systems is looking to hire a Technician Associate in Shreveport, LA. If interested please submit an updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Position Summary: Responsible for performing entry level technical work and related activities associated with the planning, engineering, design, analysis, research, development, testing, construction, maintenance, and operation of Company equipment and facilities.
1. Technical Proficiency: Gains knowledge of standards, codes, and regulations relevant to area of assignment. Gains knowledge with pertinent equipment, material, systems, and business processes. Assists employees in handling defined portions of routine problems when beneficial to AEP. Possesses basic computer literacy, knowledge, and skills.
2. Leadership & Guidance: Performs work activities as assigned and coached by higher level employees. Demonstrates ability to work with others in supplying information and seeking assistance as necessary.
3. Planning & Organization Ability: Plans work in accordance with AEP standard planning practices. Prioritizes routine work to meet the demands of the company. Maintains accurate records.
4. Problem Solving & Initiative: Applies technical knowledge and experience in resolving problems encountered in assigned work. Uses initiative in looking for opportunities to improve the process and increase job knowledge/technical skills. Seeks out, compiles, analyzes, and interprets information necessary to perform work activities and solve problems.
5. Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing with internal and external customers. Assists in the preparation of technical reports and papers. Demonstrates the ability to be a team player. Relates to people in an open, friendly, and sincere manner.
6. Decision Making & Business Awareness: Develops decision-making skills based on sound judgment and job knowledge. Develops an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the local organizational unit.
Minimum Requirements: Minimum high school diploma or equivalent plus 2 years of related utility industry work experience or an Associate Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Civil/ Mechanical Engineering Technology or related fields.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178