To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- hoffman estates, IL
- Sedgwick Claims Management Services Inc
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Claims Associate - Liability
Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc. • hoffman estates, IL
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Claims Associate - Liability PRIMARY PURPOSE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
With one of the largest teams of liability experts in the world, Sedgwick supports and resolves property, general, auto, product and professional liability claims, and helps our clients maintain brand protection in times of crisis.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To analyze reported lower-level general liability claims to determine benefits due; and to ensure ongoing adjudication of claims within company standards and industry best practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adjusts injury claims under close supervision.
- Supports other claims representatives, examiners and leads with larger or more complex claims as necessary.
- Processes general liability claims by gathering information to determine liability exposure, assigns reserve values to claims, making claims payments as necessary, and settling claims up to the designated authority level.
- Processes assigned claims and determines benefits due pursuant to the client contract; makes timely claims payments and adjustments.
- Communicates claim action/processing with claimant, client and appropriate medical contact.
- Ensures claim files are properly documented and claims coding is correct.
- May process routine payments and prescriptions and status reports for lifetime medical claims and/or defined period medical claims.
- Maintains professional client relationships.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required.
One (1) year of general office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Claims industry experience preferred. Licenses as required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of Social Security and Medicare application procedure as applicable to line of business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.