To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Concord, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Facilities Maintenance Technician I
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Concord, CA
Posted 13 days ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Precision Technologies, a division of Benchmark Electronics, Inc. Are you a proven team player in a machining shop environment? Do you have a passion for CNC Machining? Are you looking to jump-start your career with a fast-growing company with a global presence? Our client list reads like a 'Who's Who' of Original Equipment Manufacturers requiring precision mechanical production capabilities including close-tolerance machining and electromechanical clean room assembly. Our product lines include equipment for the Semiconductor and Scientific Instrumentation markets. If this sounds great to you, then you may have what we're looking for! You'll work with some of the most prominent people in the industry who love to train the right people. This is a great opportunity to slingshot your CNC career! Precision Technologies, the MECHANICAL MANUFACTURING division of Benchmark Electronics, is looking for a career-minded Facilities Maintenance Technician for our Concord, CA location. You'll have the opportunity to be an integral part of our aggressive growth strategy by working on a successful and fast-paced equipment manufacturing team. This position works in conjunction with various departments such as Production support and Manufacturing Engineering to ensure that the facility and related equipment is in good working order. Works in conjunction with various departments such as Production support and Manufacturing Engineering to ensure that the facility and related equipment is in good working order.
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Performs work inside and outside all facility areas including manufacturing floor, loading dock, above ceiling, on the roof, on the building’s grounds.
• Comprehends OSHA standards in regards to performing work duties.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Ability to take on additional responsibilities as required.
• Effective organization skills.
• Demonstrates high attention to detail.
• Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism when representing the company.
• Supports a 24/7 global business operation as required.
• Able to work overtime when needed.
• Participates in a continuous improvement activity.
• Understands operation of hand-held mechanical and powered tools, test equipment, etc.
• Understands and uses continuous improvement tools.
• Effective written and verbal communications skills
• Effective problem solving skills
• Effective multitask and prioritization skills
• Demonstrates teamwork and the ability to operate on diverse project teams with moderate direction.
• Demonstrates quality workmanship.
• Effective analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
• Effective problem solving skills with viable solutions under limited supervision.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
• Adjusts time clocks at all buildings and performs fire extinguisher inspection.
• Maintains/repairs furniture and fixtures throughout all buildings.
• Performs preventive maintenance as required.
• Assists equipment maintenance whenever possible on plant equipment.
• May perform car maintenance and repair work on any company vehicles.
• Participates in future projects, including but not limited to, building new facilities, plumbing, telecommunications, moving equipment, adding equipment and janitorial services.
• Maintains a limited variety of mechanical equipment.
• Fabricates and/or may install hangers, brackets and other securing devices to secure equipment as necessary. Shims and balances equipment as necessary.
• Performs basic to moderate plumbing duties as required.
• Assists in the installation and movement of a variety of light, medium and heavy equipment. Ensures that the performances of these activities are well documented.
• Maintains grounds as required. Operates a wide variety of equipment for said maintenance.
• Repairs, lubricates and performs preventive maintenance on a variety of equipment.
• Maintains records of expenditures per budgets if required.
• Works effectively with suppliers, internal customers and contractors.
• Handles hazardous waste collection and aware of contingency plan duties in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
• Performs painting tasks as required.
We need people with strong time management skills who are self-directed, take initiative, and are capable of working in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple priorities.
• 5+ years’ experience;
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals;
• Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Attention Search Agencies: Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.
• High-school diploma
• 2 year degree preferred, but not required
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.