PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for an Environmental Senior Engineer to join our Building and Construction team in Phoenix, AZ.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Senior Engineer will support the Building and Construction business by overseeing the Environmental projects. Duties
- Will perform application of advanced, intensive and diversified knowledge of appropriate professional/technical principles and techniques in broad assignment areas
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria within one’s discipline
- Requires originality and judgment in the independent evaluation and substantial adaptation of standard techniques
- Recognized as fully competent in all conventional areas and can handle multiple tasks/projects/assignments
- May supervise work of other professionals and technical support personnel.
- BS/MS in Civil or Environmental Engineering is required
- Professional registration/certification is required in one's discipline at this level and higher levels
- 6- 12 years of related environmental experience
- Must be willing to travel 25% of the time
- Knowledge of State of Arizona statutes and experience in their funded programs is a plus
- Must be able to perform tasks in varying field/lab/office conditions
- Must be computer literate and able to operate most field/lab/office machinery relating to one’s discipline
- Must have knowledge of system design and implementation and trouble shooting
- Must have client experience and be able to interact with clients on a regular basis
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Environmental Resource Management
Resource Conservation And Recovery Act (Rcra)