Access Your Future is a sponsorship program for students interested in a career in the equipment industry as a Service Technician. This program provides a career path for a qualified student and an educational incentive upon successful completion of an approved diesel program.
The Access Your Future Service Intern path offers students part time employment at a sponsoring store during their education. Upon graduation from an accredited diesel technology program, sponsored students are offered full time employment. While in school, students are expected to maintain a GPA of 3.0 and complete any required internships.
Specific Duties Include:
• Enrolled or attending an approved Diesel Technology program or another program approved in writing by RDO Equipment Co.
• Part time paid employment at sponsoring store (if store location permits) while attending college.
• Possible full time paid employment between college academic years at sponsoring store location.
• This program offers sponsored students graduating, an educational incentive over a two or four year period while they maintain full time employment with RDO Equipment Co.
• Company provided work uniforms.
• Eligible for the RDO Equipment Co. tool discount program with Matco upon full time employment.
• Maintain a GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) while in program.
• Maintain acceptable attendance record while in program.
• It is the student’s responsibility to provide a copy of their transcripts to RDO Equipment Co. after each quarter or semester and a diploma in order to receive reimbursement upon full time employment.
• Adhere to academic policies, rules and regulations set forth by the higher learning center the student is attending.
• Document machine information and repairs completed on work order, including parts and fluids used.
• Maintain a clean work area, as well as care for all shop tools, machines, and equipment.
• Identify and communicate solutions for customer service opportunities in the dealership’s area of responsibility.
• Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealerships area of responsibility.
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
• Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• Mechanical skills
• Trade specific tooling, including hand and pneumatic tools
• Strong computer skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment
• Excellent communication and written skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Hardworking And Dedicated