Pay starts at $17.75
Move the freight that moves the world forward.
At XPO Logistics, one of the world’s leading logistics and transportation companies, we provide the solutions that organizations around the globe count on. As the Dockworker Hostler, you’ll play an important role in making sure freight gets where it needs to go. You’ll work alongside a top caliber management team that understands the transportation industry and knows how to bring out your best. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity and a chance to build a career you can be proud of, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Move trailers throughout the property
- Use appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand, as needed
- Efficiently load freight a minimum of 1 day per week
- Operate a hostler in all types of weather; safely walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Safely operate heavy equipment, including a converter dolly
- Work in a safe, efficient manner while adhering to company safety policies
- Use mobile handheld devices to scan and track shipments
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- To be at least 18 years of age
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a calculator
- To pass a company-paid, post-offer, pre-hire (physical essential functions) test
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends, due to varying freight volumes
It’d be great if you also have:
- Dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry
- Forklift experience in a freight/less-than-truckload environment
- Experience loading and unloading trailers
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to succeed with a strong attention to detail
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 70 lbs. occasionally
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including a pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Safely operate heavy equipment, including moving, positioning and connecting/disconnecting a converter dolly with an average weight/pull force of approximately 128 lbs.
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.