To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Joint Base Andrews, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chenega Corporation • Joint Base Andrews, MD
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CHENEGA WORLDWIDE SUPPORT, LLC
Company Job Title:Scheduler/Estimator
Secret ClearanceLocation: Andrews, AFB
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Scheduler/Estimator will collaborate with the NAVFAC field offices relating to Project Management and Construction Engineering for various projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze contractor’s initial and monthly updated CPM schedules for logic, duration changes, milestone changes.
- Visit construction sites to monitor activity progress and develop cost estimates.
- Manage concurrent delays and determine whether delays are excusable and
- Identify and manage the need for a modification to scope, cost, and/or schedule based on collaboration with supported Command, designer and/or other entities.
- Collaborate with others on the issuance of the contractor request for proposal.
- Prepare independent government estimates (IGEs) when needed.
- Collaborate on the preparation of sketches and drawings in support of negotiations and issuance of the modification
- Prepare the final documentation and wording for the modification including justification for cost and time involved for final submission to the Contracting Officer
- Manage technical support for claims/disputes/terminations processing, negotiation and resolution
- Prepare correspondence, technical reports, estimates, fact sheets, status reports, and schedules as required to complete project assignments.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering or related fields.
- 10 year of CPM scheduling and estimating experience of qualifications which include education/experience/certifications/clearances (quantifiable)
- Experience as a Construction Manager
- Extensive practical experience with the development and successful application of such techniques to specific contracts, projects, large-scale programs, and the detailed analysis of contractor requests for equitable adjustments and claims.
- Secret Clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive technical and practical knowledge, and experience as a Construction Manager
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices and methods as well as construction management
- Ability to review technical engineering specifications and statements of work covering complex and diverse engineering designs or changes
- Ability to prepare estimates for proposed Government changes.
- Expert level understanding of the scheduling techniques utilized by the construction industry such as P6
- Must possess a keen understanding of schedules utilizing network analysis and the potential impact of modifications to the critical path
- Must have familiarity with schedule delay/disruption analysis methods including the
advantages/disadvantages and correct application of each method.
- Ability to conduct a delay analysis to determine cause, effect. Responsibility for delay, determine relation hips to impacted activities.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of key issues such as float, concurrencies, constructive acceleration, impacts on unchanged work and the cumulative effect
- Possess a working knowledge of the legal aspects of schedules and the ability to
give expert testimony in defense of the government in claims.
- Ability to apply this knowledge towards contributing new methods and approaches to defending NAVFAC against construction scheduling claims
- Must possess expert level knowledge of computer scheduling software including Primavera P6 and Primavera Claim Digger, Microsoft project, Cost works, and RS Means.
- Expert level of knowledge to use computer applications to analyze and make informed decisions and projections on the general health of a project based on earned values and actual progress.
- A fundamental knowledge of computer applications such as word processing, spread sheet, presentation, electronic mail, Internet, and database software is required.
- In depth knowledge of the various types of construction contracts, project delivery methods, and regulations governing Federal contract administration
- Able and willing to traverse on construction jobsites (approximately 20% of the time)
- Able to communicate (both orally and in writing) effectively to all leadership levels
- Knowledge and experience with applicable Codes and Industry Standards
- Proficiency with industry standard software packages such as Primavera” P6”, Microsoft project, Cost works, and RS Means.
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work nights, weekends and Holidays as required
- Knowledge of computer operations and software applications such as MS office (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point), Primavera P6
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.