To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Melbourne, FL 32935
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Engineer IV Mechanical
DRS Technologies Inc • Melbourne, FL
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS NIS is located on the East coast of Florida in Melbourne. DRS NIS is a leading designer and manufacturer of highly engineered, technically advanced, defense electronics for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DRS NIS manufactures rugged communications interfaces serving military Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence and Surveillance (C4ISR) initiatives. Products include hand-held devices, targeting scopes, night vision optics, laptop computers and vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and fighting vehicle applications. DRS’s specialty is equipment that allows communication between broad spectrums of battlefield interfaces.
Job title- Engineer IV Mechanical
Develop precision opto-mechanical components and products. Examples include optical assemblies, IR & visible sights and electronics packaging mainly for military applications. Working as a member of a project team, the Mechanical Engineer will design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software to develop new or improved products
- Evaluate and recommend design approaches to meet performance requirements for new or improved products. Investigate solutions to product or process problems.
- Investigate solutions to product or process problems.
- Perform structural and thermal modeling and analysis of complex opto-mechanical systems to verify and validate that the design meets performance requirements.
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Collaborate with Systems Engineering and other Design Engineering disciplines on product development.
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments.
- Participate in and conduct peer reviews and formal design reviews.
- Create and release engineering drawings and documents using PLM systems
- Participate heavily in preparation of proposals
- Support testing of products.
Basic Qualifications (include education and years of experience required)
Required Qualifications, Skills and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required. MSME preferred
- 10+ years of experience in mechanical design
- Precision mechanical, opto-mechanical and electronics packaging design experience required.
- 3D CAD experience, Pro-e/Creo preferred
- Strong understanding of GD&T principles
- Strong customer focus, both internal and external
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Work effectively as a member of a team or as the team lead
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to decipher highly technical data
- Ability to multi-task in an evolving project environment
- Ability to lead and direct the activities of less experienced engineers
Additional Desirable Qualifications and Skills
- MSME highly desired
- Experience with EO/IR technology and products.
- Structural FEA experience
- Thermal FEA experience
- CFD FEA experience
Citizenship and Security
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a security clearance
Physical Requirements (Lifting, Walking, Bending, Stooping kneeling etc):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, climb, bend, lift, stand, and stoop.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS