To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cambridge, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Security Global Security Operation Manager Pharmaceutical Client Cambridge, MA
Allied Universal • Cambridge, MA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Allied Universal is seeking a Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Manager
GSOC Manager is responsible for managing people, process and technology in the 24/7 Global Security Operations Center, including: shift-based team leadership, strategic program oversight, effective communication (writing, speaking and presenting) and policy and procedure development, as well as technical and project management. Specific functional areas of responsibility and proficiency include: security alarm monitoring principles, dispatching and coordinating allocation of resources, customer involvement, data-driven (metrics) reporting, team and task-specific performance assessment, travel safety and security and critical incident response management. The GSOC Manager is responsible for driving process implementation and refinement, short and long-term project management, collaboration, maintain internal and external relationships, build partnerships and seek new opportunities across the company and directly supervise a team of Leads on assigned shifts.
- Under the supervision of the Account Manager, the GSOC Manager directs and manages all assigned GSOC Leads Officers.
- In the Account Manager’s absence, the GSOC Manager may assume supervisory and operational responsibility for the entire security team.
- Serves as the liaison between the GSOC and AUS management staff.
- Motivates and provides leadership to the GSOC Lead Officers to foster a teamwork focused environment.
- Develops and maintains operational processes, procedures and metrics for efficient operation.
- Creates personnel policies and addresses personnel issues as needed for those working in the GSOC.
- Manage, administer and work within software programs used to support operational processes such as executive security, emergency notification, global incidents, etc.
- Develops, implements and documents initial and recurring training and testing.
- Reviews and analyzes information for quality and control.
- Provides feedback to vendor management and onsite leads to mitigate failures and improve performance.
- Prioritize and coordinate the activities of the GSOC.
- Serves as a point of escalation for any inter-company customer service issues related to the GSOC operations.
- Develops and maintains best practice processes and training.
- Validates completion of system checks and work orders to correct deficiencies.
- Maintains knowledge of security systems and of regulation requirements for operating a central monitoring station.
- Perform on-call duty (includes after-hours, weekends, holidays) to take appropriate action pertaining to the Security Operations Center equipment (hardware and software).
Must possess one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, International Studies, or Security Management and/or
- High-school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 6 years of operations center management experienceKnowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in the management and training of operations center personnel.
- Prior supervisory/management experience in a central monitoring station or security operations center related environment.
- A solid understanding of operational decision-making process, the collection, interpretation and dissemination of multi-source domestic and international information.
- Proficient level of understanding of video surveillance, Access Control, and Intrusion systems.
- Knowledge of video surveillance techniques and hardware/software systems.
- Ability to prioritize workload based on urgency; able to delegate tasks, and communicate to a range of audiences including to executive management.
- Demonstrated analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure compliance, monitoring of assets, and making rapid notifications via mass communication tools.
- Demonstration of strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, hardware, software & network operations) with the ability to communicate effectively with IT and Security Systems professionals.
- Proficient computer skills including all Microsoft Office applications.
- CCURE 9000, exacqVision, Travel Management applications, Incident Management & Reporting software, etc.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to assess, evaluate, and manage situations effectively.
- Crisis management and incident command experience a plus.
- Must be able to work extended hours occasionally, as needed or as required to meet established deadlines and service levels agreements
- Must be able to work a varied schedule to complete projects and meet deadlines in response to changing demands.
- Must be able to provide on-call support (includes after-hours, weekends, holidays).
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.