A Machinist has skills comparable to those of a journeyperson machinist with a minimum of four years comparable machining experience.
Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Makes all set-ups on tooling and machine.
- Able to run all machines in the shop efficiently.
- Must understand materials, cutting tools, speeds and feeds, coolant requirements and machining techniques.
- Uses shop math through trigonometry.
- Machines parts one at a time, but with production techniques.
- Machines from prints and can make from samples.
- Able to machine from bar stock and raw castings.
- Re-machine parts to repair them and still maintain critical dimensions. 4 Jaw Chuck knowledge needed
- Responsible for personal safety and those around him/her. Maintains excellent housekeeping standards.
- Participates in Safety, Quality and Activities Committees (if applicable).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical duties.
- General Shop Environment
- Some Travel may be required
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling
(V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .About Emerson
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.