To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
- City of Atlanta
- Phone: (404) 546-6959
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Administrative Assistant - Senior (OIT)
City of Atlanta • Atlanta, GA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Salary Range: $33,000 - $41,300
Posting Expiration Date: January 26, 2018
General Description and Classification Standards
This position coordinates logging and distribution of projects for plan review in Accela software systems; and provides customer service for logging and tracking of all outgoing residential, commercial, and residential subdivision plans to engineers-of-record, owners/developers, project expeditors and the Office of Buildings.
Normal activities consist of assisting the residential and commercial plan reviewers in compiling "due diligence" research. This involves locating and referencing maps and identifying general property data, GIS information, sanitary and storm sewer cadastral data, stream and Waters of the State location, FEMA records, and other flood data.
Works under general supervision and report to a manager, or Director as needed. May work independently or with other workers with responsibility for completion of assigned tasks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordination, logging, and distribution of projects for review. Maintain handwritten logs and computerized spreadsheets to track status of reviews and resubmittals of commercial and residential projects and subdivision within Site Development.
- Provides overall Accela system quality control for Site Development entries summarizing review status made by assigned reviewers.
- Performed due diligence research on commercial and residential projects to ensure correct identification of storm or sanitary easement requirements, City of Atlanta or state stream buffer encroachments, and potential FEMA or locally determined floodplain issues.This data is utilized by Site Development is utilized by Site Development Plan Reviewers who analyze this data during project reviews and inclusion in project files.
- Tracks all transactions of incoming and outgoing plans;sorts and logs incoming and outgoing commercial, residential, and residential subdivision projects for review
- Responsible for essential customer service for daily plan intake, internal branch routing, and return reviewed projects to public and Office of Buildings (OOB). This position responds to walk-in inquiries, e-mail and telephonic inquiries; and inquiries by DWM management, City Council and Mayor's Office requests for review status on subdivision, commercial, and residential projects. Assist customers with Sewer Information and location of data as requested
- Coordinates necessary corrections to tracking databases with individual reviewers on a weekly basis to ensure the most up-to-date information is being maintained and presented.
- Tracks requested status updates for specialized reporting such as Focus on Result (FOR) and monthly/quarterly/end-of-year statistics for selected categories of review projects to include time to permit and number of reviews required.
- Publishes and presents weekly status updates for individual commercial and residential reviewers, and summary branch statistics at the weekly branch staff meeting.
- Assist in receiving and distributing telephone calls and responds to complaints, problems, and concerns which includes making records of customer calls, analyzing records and conferring with departmental personnel in regards to same
- Receives, reviews, routes and/or processes various forms, requests and reports, files, records and documents from the public and/or other departments
- Assist in various clerical or administrative activities as needed and assist customers, employees and city officials will all types of transactions and informational needs in a professional and timely manner
- Interface with engineers-of-record, owners/developers, and project expeditors in the transaction of documents for permit
Follow standardized procedures and written/verbal instructions to accomplish assigned tasks. Must be able to process information on hand and decide on next steps to complete tasks and/or resolve issues. Determines when to escalate issues to upper/senior management.
Routinely provides work group leadership, guidance, and/or training to less experienced staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities This is a partial listing of necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job successfully. It is not an exhaustive list.
- Through knowledge of principles and practices of best in class customer service.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Use independent judgment and make sound decisions in accordance with established procedures and policies.
- Work effectively and efficiently under stress and meet deadlines as required.
- Works collaboratively with team members to resolve customer challenges.
- Ability to use specialized office data systems and standard office software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with fellow employees, other officials, representatives of other government agencies, developers, and the general public.
- Ability to provide information and to answer questions pertaining to the City's Site Development procedures in a tact and courteous manner to the general public.
- Ability to gather relevant information to solve practical problems.
Minimum Qualifications - Education and Experience
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- 3-5 years of secretarial, clerical or general administrative experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job.
Licensures and Certifications
No license or certificate required.
Essential Capabilities and Work Environment
Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job.
City of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.