You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
TYLin is a full-service, professional engineering firm focused on the planning, design, and construction of infrastructure solutions for public and private clients worldwide. The firm is an internationally recognized pioneer in solving the most difficult engineering challenges. Headquartered in San Francisco, California for over 65 years, TYLin has more than 3,200 professionals throughout the Americas, Asia, and Europe. TYLin is a member of Dar Group, a global, privately-owned professional services group, and its industry-leading family of Global Infrastructure companies. Our Construction Management team is seeking a Communications Engineer to work on various Infrastructure/Transit projects. This position will report to a Lead Engineer and will require 5+ years of experience in Electrical/Systems/Communications Engineering.
- Work with a team coordinating the engineering design and construction services for communications systems in various transit projects involving traction power, signaling and train control equipment, SCADA, APM OS, substations and signal buildings, public address equipment, voice and data communication, telephones, fiber optic, CCTV, security alarm, fire detection and suppression, computer systems, and systems integration testing and startup activities.
- Assist in the preparation of design drawings, test procedures, specifications, and reports.
- Review and ensure the accuracy of the work produced by outside design teams and contractors, including plans, specifications and estimates.
- Interface with other disciplines to insure proper coordination of the systems aspects of the project.
- Review and ensure compliance of design with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Interface with Senior Communications/Systems Engineer to determine schedules, monitor design progress, oversee field work, and coordinate T&C activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field.
- P.E. license preferred and at least 5+ years of communications engineering and integration experience on large infrastructure/transit projects.
- Understanding of construction means and methods with previous subcontract management experience desired.
- Expert knowledge of the principles of communications and signaling systems. In addition, knowledge of central control facilities.
- Familiarity with rail transit industry standards, practices, and regulations is required. including knowledge of railroad signaling, communications, vehicles, and other railroad technology.
- Experience in design and/or construction management of rail transit systems such as traction power substations, rail maintenance & storage facilities, PDS, CBTC, SCADA, APM OS, signals/train control, and communications is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Must be proficient in the use of Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Client focused, always striving to give clients the best solutions.
- Strong commitment to innovation by creating new and better ways to solve clients’ toughest challenges.
- High levels of integrity, always doing the right thing in an ethical, fair, and sustainable way.
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration in a diverse and inclusive team, working together toward technical excellence.
TYLin is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. TYLin remains committed to complying with all local health authority, legal or lawful client requirements, as such this role may be situated in a jurisdiction with masking or vaccinate or test requirements to attend office or client locations (controlled location). You should ask your manager about this prior to starting. Should you be subject to the requirements, you are required to disclose your vaccination status within the first week of starting or before entering a controlled location, whichever comes first. As a condition of employment, applicants for any safety-sensitive positions covered under 49 CFR Part 219 must also complete and pass both pre-employment and other screenings in accordance with the law. TYLin is committed to pay equity. As part of that commitment, we have provided the base compensation range of $86,900 - $130,300 annually for this position and local market. TYLin is proud to offer exciting career development opportunities coupled with a comprehensive total rewards package. Our benefits include extensive health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage, continuing education benefits, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program and a retirement savings plan with company matching contributions. We encourage all candidates to explore our total rewards offering.
- Construction Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Design Process
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g36as0h
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.