Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry's digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
Xometry is looking for a savvy communications manager to help create and execute a world-class internal and external communications program for a rapidly growing, publicly traded technology company.
Reporting to the company's head of communications, the manager will help shape the brand narrative, differentiate the company within the industry, drive a robust product communications apparatus, assist in building and executing thought-leadership campaigns for select executives, and help craft engaging internal communications platforms to drive employee pride. Critically, the manager must be able to craft compelling narratives that come to life across all platforms (importantly, social and owned) and must have experience pitching and placing stories with financial and business media.
The candidate will work closely with all facets of the organization - Product & Technology; Marketing; People Operations; Sales and Investors Relations, among others, as well as the company's PR agency - to design compelling narratives and create integrated go-to-market campaigns. The candidate will regularly interface with leaders from across the company - including the CHRO, the CSO, CRO, heads of marketing, IR and others - and their teams.
The manager must be able to communicate clearly and convincingly, be a strong writer, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented role. They must also demonstrate the ability to work with multiple stakeholders, internally and externally.Responsibilities
• Attend and contribute meaningfully to product, marketing, and other key meetings
• Craft compelling and engaging press releases, pitch letters, Q&As and social media copy
• Work with marketing to create visual elements (video, gifs, PowerPoint presentations, etc.) that will bring stories to life across platforms
• Write backgrounders/briefing memos/key message documents to prepare executives for key interviews
• Identify and build trusted relationships with reporters at major business/financial outlets
• Respond to and evaluate inbound media inquiries
• Accompany executives to media interviews and provide on-site support and guidance
• Assist in media-training exercises to help executives prepare for interviews
• Identify and pitch potential speaking opportunities to help further raise the visibility of the company and its executives
• Maintain an ongoing calendar of pr/integrated communications opportunities
• Serve as a liaison with our external communications agency
• Work with HR teams to determine key times and craft key themes to spark employee pride, championing the company and its people
• Consistently monitor trade, business, financial and political press for stories relevant to Xometry, its competitors, other like companies and the macro environment at large
• Identify and pursue relevant speaking opportunities for key executives that advance the company's brand and/or product awareness
• Assist in crisis management and/or issue response by creating relevant communications and briefing materials and monitor relevant social media and other channels as appropriate
• Support publicly traded company communications events such as the company's quarter earnings announcements and major investor conferences, as neededRequirements
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to write for a diversity of audiences (media, customers/partners, employees, investors) and mediums/platforms (press releases, social media, briefing books/memos, pitch documents)
• Demonstrated success in pitching and placing articles with major media
• Ability to think creatively with a storytelling mindset
• Ability to work across multiple departments and, when needed, help drive consensus
• Enthusiasm and a team-player mindset
• Successful navigation in a high-growth, global environment
• Minimum 5 years of experience in communications space
If this job isn't for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Apache Spark