To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elkhart, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Machine Operator - 3rd Shift (Starting $19.34)
Valmont Industries, Inc. • Elkhart, IN
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Tapering Operator position at the Elkhart Facility. We are looking for a highly driven individual to run the quality product on our Tapering Machine. Additionally, you will…
- Perform all tapering machine setups and tool changes
- Run the machine to create quality products within productivity standards
- Perform preventative maintenance on Tapering Machine as required
- Identify lean manufacturing and safety initiatives focused on improving the tapering process
- All other duties as assigned
What it takes
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience operating machinery in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to accurately take measurements using close tolerance measuring instruments
- Ability to read, understand and work with prints, drawings and work documents
- Familiar with material handling equipment
Working Environment/Physical Efforts
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hands(s) and arms(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Able to use hand tools, including files, hammers, snips; power tools such as sanders, drills, riveters, and grinders.
- Proficiency in working with hand tools and common metal shop tasks
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.