Coleman Worldwide Moving is seeking Non-CDL Drivers for our service center in Woodbridge, VA .
We are in need of people who are hardworking, and energetic. This a great opportunity for anyone interested in earning good pay and a job in which you stay active.
Coleman Worldwide Moving has been in business since 1914 with 104+ years of experience and we invite you to come join OUR TEAM! Coleman Worldwide Moving is Allied Vanlines largest Agent and we are proud to be an Employer the Woodbridge metro area.
Coleman Worldwide Moving Benefits:
College Students--We also offer a summer Intern SCHOLARSHIP Program!
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance available thru BCBS after 3 months.
- Health Savings (HSA), Flex Spending (FSA) options available for Employees.
- 401K program available for Employees.
- Life Insurance, Long and/or Short Term disability Insurance available for Employees.
- AFLAC: Accident, Hospital Indemnity, & Critical Illness available for Employees.
- One week VACATION PAY after 1 year employment
- Holiday Pay after 90 days for 6 of the major annual holidays per year.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Coleman Worldwide Moving proudly supports post-secondary education in our communities and will offer the following scholarship program to qualifying summer interns to assist them with tuition in the coming year. Funding amounts are paid out directly to the Associate to assist with their various student expenses.
- $500 scholarship* towards your post-secondary education for the first** full summer internship.
- $750 scholarship* towards your post-secondary education for the second** full summer internship
- $1,000 scholarship* towards your post-secondary education for the third** or more full summer internship
- Must be summer seasonal Associate employed as Helper, Packer, Driver, Warehouseman, or other Service Center Operational, non-management position.
- Must show proof of enrollment in school for Fall 2018 classes.
- Must work full time from May 1st thru August 31st (accomodations made for school dates).
- Supervisor acknowledgement of good work performance and attendance also required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Transport goods using a company truck
- Lead the crew in loading shipment on to and/or off of truck
- May inspect shipment prior to loading for proper packing or wrapping
- Perform accurate inventory of shipment
- Assist as need in loading trucks and/or containers for forward movement via interstate commerce
- Perform pre-trip safety inspections on truck of moving equipment, interior and exterior of truck, straps and tensioners, walk-boards, etc.
- Maintain required documentation and paperwork for shipments, expenses, driver logs, and DOT regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Must be willing to travel (local, intrastate and/or interstate)
- Ability to operate a box truck or tractor trailer (as applicable to your CDL qualification)
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to be on time and reliable; ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Required: High school diploma or GED
- Required: Valid Driver's license
- Required: Good driving record (will be verified)
- Required: Ability to meet background standards
Interested candidates should apply in person between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm at 15381 Farm Creek Drive Woodbridge, VA 22191. For specific questions call
- Indoors and outdoors
- Lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
- Frequent squatting and bending
- Frequent use of stairs
Coleman Worldwide Moving (and affiliated companies) (collectively "CWM") is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Policy prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, familial status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other protected status. CWM will continue to support and promote equal employment opportunity, human dignity, and cultural diversity. This policy applies to all personnel matters such as compensation, benefits, transfers, Company sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs. This commitment is made by CWM in accordance with federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations
From transporting a single household to massive corporate and government transfers, Coleman-Allied is equipped to handle your needs. Our highly developed network includes moving company locations throughout the United States and key Allied agency affiliations in various markets throughout the world. Driven by a long-held commitment to customer service and supported by a high standard of excellence, Coleman-Allied remains focused on you and your family. As you begin this new journey, let Coleman-Allied lead the way. Together, we can take your dreams to new heights!
Job Type: Full-time Take part in a company that has been successful for over 100 years and is still growing - join the Coleman Team today!
Observe Safety Procedure
Follow Planned Delivery Route
Transport Value Good