Kforce has a client in Reston, Virginia (VA) is seeking a Junior Cash Application Analyst.
The Junior Cash Application Analyst is responsible for applying customer payments in a timely and accurate manner.
The employee will also perform other various duties to include research, verification, working with multiple departments both internal and external, processing payments and adjustment processing.
- Ability to meet individual and team goals with minimal errors as assigned by the O2C Lead.
- Enter and research daily cash receipts to reconcile with open accounts receivable balances (e.g., customer invoices, Inter-company work orders, etc.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from internal departments
- Researches unapplied cash general ledger accounts
- Utilizes external payment systems to identify incoming cash for the timely application of cash (e.g., Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment -- WAWF, Invoice Payment Platform -- IPP)
- Analyzes open accounts receivable report to identity net effect and over/under balance
- Work closely with O2C Lead and Deputy on potential DSO impacts
- Communicate and work effectively in a team environment
- High School diploma or GED / equivalent required, College level accounting classes or Accounting Degree preferred
- 1+ years' of experience is mandatory
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions
- One year minimum of Costpoint and MS Office
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals in a high volume, fast paced environment is required
- Basic knowledge of cash accounting and accounts receivable process
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Attention To Detail