To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St. Louis, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Department Manager- Business Administration (HRIS Systems)
Enterprise Rent-A-Car • St. Louis, MO
Posted 11 days ago
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The Business Administrative Systems Team supports a variety of applications that are employee needs related. The different applications supported by this team include HR, Benefits, Payroll, and Time Keeping as well as proprietary applications. The various applications are on platforms including Oracle, AS/400, and some third party hosted solutions. Now is an exciting time to be part of this team because many of our applications are needed to support our vast global expansion efforts as well as several legacy refactoring efforts that are on the horizon. Additionally, you will have the unique opportunity to learn about all lines of business that Enterprise Holdings operates from the processing of the employee data needed to support our 100,000 plus employees across the globe.
The Department Manager position is responsible for setting the overall direction, vision, and strategic plan for all IT development supporting a business segment or IT functions. This position is also responsible for people management activities including career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews.
- Develops policies, standards, and procedures across multiple areas and/or entire IT department.
- Creates a collaborative team that supports a diverse environment and directs resource planning and forecasting.
- Provides direction to align operations with strategic goals.
- Establishes operational objectives and work approach; delegates assignments to managers and/or individual contributors; reviews results to determine success of operation.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company's direction and objectives.
- Directs activities of the Time & Attendance and Payroll team (in time expected to take on broader responsibilities and team) through secondary managers who exercise full supervision in terms of costs, methods, or staffing, or has commensurate sphere of responsibility for technical, systems, process decisions, and/or outcome.
- Builds a talent pool with skills needed to improve performance; identifies succession plan and/or participates in succession planning and proactive career development
- Regularly interacts with Leadership or Senior Leadership levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Interactions may involve special skills, such as negotiating with the business, vendors, customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Develops and codifies contingency plans in conjunction with leadership team.
- Leads resource identification and planning to support business objectives.
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives.
- Defines level of quality standards for products and services; ensures adherence and promotes continuous improvement.
- Defines forecast and expenses for area of responsibility; forecasts expenses for specific area.
- Negotiates with vendors and maintains relationships outside of company.
- Understands and communicates business goals and company culture.
- Leads efforts to identify opportunities for task automation, process improvements, and enhancements that result in increased quality, efficiencies, and ROI. Identifies, establishes, and monitors key performance metrics to ensure continuous improvements.
- Leads the definition and management of service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards; leads the identification of opportunities for improvement; ensures requirements are met.
- Protects our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions; ensures security policy and procedure requirements are met; continuously identifies opportunities for improving security and implements strategies to improve our security posture.
- Runs governance meetings including business justification, regular reviews of project portfolio, assessment of program and project health
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- Must have eight plus years managing a professional staff (individual contributors to managers) in application development environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to motivate and direct teams to accomplish goals.
- Must demonstrate experience in problem solving, including analyzing requirements, identifying and defining the problem to be solved, collecting data, establishing the facts, drawing valid conclusions and developing solutions.
- Must demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain solid working relationships with subordinates, peers, management, teams, business partners, vendors and departments.
- Must demonstrate excellent personal management skills emphasizing time management, organization and attention to detail.
- Proven success managing and collaborating with peers in a matrix environment to accomplish goals of shared priorities in a large, complex business/IT environment.
- Must demonstrate a strong customer service support ethic and the ability to deliver the highest, most consistent level of customer service to our customers.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including good listening skills along with a strong executive presence.
- Must demonstrate excellent project and program management skills with experience in managing large and complex efforts.
- Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar discipline from a four-year college along with eight plus years of related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of or coursework in Accounting.
- Technical and/or functional knowledge of WorkDay, Peoplesoft HR, Workbrain and Kronos Timekeeping, and ADP Payroll products.
- Use of Atlassian tools such as Jira and Confluence.