To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
CDL B Driver
B&L Wholesale • Rochester, NY
Posted 2 months ago
You are in the driver’s seat with a career at SRS and our family of companies. We are a leading wholesale distributor of roofing and building materials and need Drivers to grow our business. We are committed to the personal and professional growth of our team members and we show this by having a clear path of advancement for our Drivers with on-the-job and web-based training for you to move up as a Driver or other positions within the branch. You are also rewarded for your safety.
SRS Distribution Inc. has the strongest national network of independent roofing distributors with the most talented team of people working together to deliver the industry's best products and services. In addition to our commitment to customer focus, SRS strives to become the preferred employer in the industry with highly motivated and engaged employees operating in an entrepreneurial culture.
SRS believes in hiring military veterans at any level for any position. We know your service trained you in many of the areas we value, such as; leadership, teamwork, performance, integrity, and safety. If your experience matches our requirements, we want you to apply today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
The primary duty of a Driver Trainee, which we call a Logistics Specialist I with or without a Crane Operator is to deliver building materials to a customer’s place of business or to a job site. The primary vehicle used to accomplish this duty is a 24-foot flatbed straight truck with a gross weight exceeding 26,001 lbs. A hydraulic boom or articulating crane is attached to a truck to accomplish a delivery of building materials to a customer’s job site. Tractor-trailers are also used on occasion. Logistics Specialists I & Crane Operators operate within a maximum of a 200-mile radius of their home branch, with deliveries originating and ending at the branch (no deliveries result in an overnight stay). Logistics Specialists I & Crane Operators may have to load and unload trucks using a forklift, Moffett and/or other mechanical equipment.
- BE SAFE!
- Safely drive a commercial vehicle in compliance with all DOT regulations.
- Operate all equipment in accordance with local, state, and federal laws at all times
- Be a leader for job site safety.
- Act as the lead employee of the delivery crew and thus be accountable for providing direction and guidance to Rooftop Loaders and all other ground crew (if applicable).
- Perform pre-trip inspection by reviewing the prior day’s DOT post-inspection report.
- Load and unload building products that weigh up to 100 lbs. on a continuous basis.
- Validate and confirm inventory loaded on the truck comparing purchase orders and sign-off on delivery tickets.
- Confirm addresses on delivery tickets and ensure that routing information is obtained prior to leaving the branch.
- Ensure load is properly and safely tied down in accordance with Company policy.
- Conduct a job site inspection and document any existing damage to lawn, landscaping or driveway, and the location of any power lines, sprinklers, septic tanks, mailboxes, fences, etc.
- Capture pictures of all building products delivered in accordance with Company Policy.
- Return all paperwork to designated branch personnel after every return trip to Branch Office.
- Perform required DOT post-inspections on vehicle and provide copy of post-inspection report to designated manager prior to the end of the work shift.
- Ensure Management is notified of any equipment issues requiring repairs or safety hazards.
Education and/or Experience
- Prefer high school graduate or GED and relevant work experience.
- Prior experience operating a forklift or Moffett a plus.
- Knowledge of DOT & OSHA safety regulations for Logistic Specialists or similar role a plus.
- Prior work experience within building products distribution a plus.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
- Ability to effectively use electronic communications tools (such as an iPhone or mobile electronic logging device).
- Must be proactive, self-directed, and highly motivated.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes.
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Boom Truck- Fixed Cab Certification a plus
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age.
- Must have no DWI or DUI convictions within the last one years.
- Must be a safe driver:
- No reckless driving convictions within the last three years.
- No more than one moving violation within the last year and no more than three within the last three years.
- No major preventable accidents within the past twelve months or no more than two in the past five years.
- Must be a self-starter, dependable, and a team player.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must pass a required drug test and possess a current DOT medical certificate.
- Must pass an E-Verify Check.
- Ability to load and unload building products that weigh up to 100 lbs. each off of a straight bed truck on a continuous basis.
- Standard warehouse and distribution center.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, SRS Distribution Inc. provides job opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, familial or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws. All candidates for employment must successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and background verification before employment is finalized.