To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Iowa City, IA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Program Manager, Sales Support
ACT • Iowa City, IA
Posted 7 days ago
ACT is a nonprofit organization helping people achieve educational and workplace success. Our programs are designed to boost lifelong learning in schools and workplaces around the world. Whether it's guiding students along their learning paths, enabling companies to develop their workforce, fostering parent, teacher, and counselor understanding of student progress, guiding job seekers toward career success, or informing policymakers about education and workforce issues. ACT is passionate about making a difference in all we do.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!Responsibilities
ACT is looking for Senior Program Manager with strong organizational, planning, and communication skills and a track record of building successful customer relationships. This position works collaboratively with cross functional teams in order to manage end to end solution implementation, increasing solution sales to existing customers, and building new business relationships.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Typical work-related activities include:
- Project manage the delivery of ACT products and services with respect to their scope, schedule, and cost in accordance with project and program management methodologies
- Serve as a liaison to internal teams for strategic decision making regarding government relations, research, product development, market research, and others as required
- Develop meeting materials and content as necessary
- In collaboration with international business development directors, identify opportunities for new business, conduct risk assessment for potential at-risk existing business, and/or analyze competitive intelligence to develop and inform strategy to drive business opportunities
- Respond to internal and external data and information inquiries
- Provide project management text to the proposal development team
- Plan and deliver ACT-hosted events as required
- Represent ACT with key influencers and build a network of support for ACT
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding corporate information
- Provide excellent service and professional communications to all stakeholders
- Travel as directed to host meetings, convene stakeholders, support internal teams, or attend other meetings
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of ACT products and solutions
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business administration/operations
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- A minimum of 5 years of direct customer-facing program management experience with accountability for delivering contracted products and services to external customers required
- Demonstrated experience working with a diverse group of internal stakeholders in a matrix environment to deliver contracted services required
- Experience with reviewing, analyzing, and managing to contract requirements required
- An understanding of business operations required
- Assessment industry experience preferred
- Project Management professional (PMP) certification or ability to obtain such certification is strongly preferred
- Experience with ISO standard 21500:2012 Guidance on project management, ISO 31000:2018 Risk management strongly preferred
- Experience leading and/or supporting proposal efforts, including text development and costing, a strong plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have solid working knowledge of the application of project/program management methodologies
- Ability to analyze and cut very quickly to the heart of complex operational delivery issues, and then work through a matrix organization to successfully achieve client contract fulfillment obligations
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment with flexibility to work across multiple time zones as necessary
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with ACT staff and all stakeholders.
- Strong verbal communication skills, including experience with public speaking
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks at once, respond to tight timelines, attention to detail and ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to convey complex information so it is easily understood by the public
- Ability to travel, possibly internationally \u2013 approximately up to 25% of the time
- Effectively use software packages including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Teams), Visio, SharePoint, CRM (preference for Salesforce.com), and other related data management programs
- Organizing work, setting priorities, and determining logical solutions to basic problems
- Must be a self-starter, able to set goals and priorities, and operate in an ambiguous and often rapidly changing environment