Catapult Learning, a leading provider of special education programming to school districts nationwide, is hiring a School Director for an existing school in Bloomington, IL. The High Road School of Bloomington is a state-approved non-public special education school. This school serves students with social, emotional, and behavioral difficulties, kindergarten through 12th grade, in a highly-structured, therapeutic environment with a focus on rigorous academics. We are an organization of dedicated people who know how exciting and rewarding it is to help children achieve. We emphasize small group teaching environments and high professional standards and will provide you the opportunity to grow with us and help students achieve beyond expectations.
You will have the opportunity to work with a very specialized population in an intimate classroom setting. We also offer a full suite of health benefits plus 401k plan to full-time employees.
The School Director leads the overall management of the facility including program planning and quality, financial administration, personnel, maintenance and facility repairs, employee evaluation and classroom observation, communicating regularly with school district personnel.
- Observe team in classrooms using observation forms to provide appropriate staff feedback as well as informal coaching
- Lead weekly staff meetings to share information, offer suggestions and discuss issues and concerns affecting the program and team
- Attend and participate in Regional activities such as monthly Directors meeting and in monthly Goal Review with your Supervisor to review goals
- Report facilities issues to the appropriate department for prompt resolution
- Provide consistent and reliable communication via in person, telephone, newsletters and other written communication with parents, supervisors and district personnel
- Involve parents in the educational program regularly, providing parent education events throughout the school year
- Ensure all state licensing policies relating to the health, safety and well-being of children attending the program are followed and in compliance
- Maintain and implement school’s Early Childhood accreditation status by following prescribed courses of action and criteria
- Contribute to enrollment growth of the school
Supervisory responsibilities include:
- Review staff performance by conducting goal review and coach on staff self- evaluation and growth
- Monitor staff compliance with school and company policies to ensure outstanding program quality
- Identify staff and program needs to support professional development opportunities
- Role model appropriate and professional demeanor to staff, parents and the children in the program as well as school district personnel
- Communicate regularly with all supervisors to ensure that proper support
- Maintain excellent records including financial, state licensing, student and employee files
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in early special education and at least 2-4 years working with children as required by specific contract and region. Master's degree and Type 75 credential is also needed for this Director role.
Most importantly, we seek teaching professionals who are passionate about understanding that all children can learn, a positive and enthusiastic professional with a service attitude for both internal and external customers.
At Catapult Learning, our mission is to create brighter futures for all students, regardless of the learning barriers or other challenges they may face. We partner with K-12 schools and districts to address the needs of individual students, improve academic gains, and build teacher and principal capacity.
Applications can be submitted to URL blocked - click to apply