This is an outstanding opportunity to work in the multi-media industry. We are looking for an outgoing self-starter, to assist our sales team at WPXI-TV. Our ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running, take charge of their position and provide excellent support to our staff of sales professionals.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to work effectively with all the departments at our television station and be flexible in an ever-changing environment. This position has the potential to interact with internal departments such as Digital, New Business and Production as well as our National sales partner, CoxReps.
You will be asked to communicate with agencies and clients. The ideal candidate has great attention to detail, knows how to build successful relationships; can take direction as well as work independently.
Effective October 1, 2021, all newly hired CMG employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. CMG will provide reasonable accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support the sales department in all areas including:
- Entering orders into our Wide Orbit traffic system
- Working with managers and/or Account Executives (AE’s) on pre-emptions and makegoods
- Collaborating with managers and/or AE’s to fulfill advertising agencies’ and clients’ requests such as posting, pre/post log times, discrepancy resolution and other reporting and support needs
- Serving as a liaison between other departments to complete client projects
- Working with AE’s to create proposals
- Trouble shooting issues and problem solving
- Handling general administrative tasks as assigned
- Knowledge of Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Performing other duties as assigned by management and/or AE’s
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university preferred
- Previous sales support experience preferred
- Preferred two to three years related experience and/or training
- Strong problem solving and communication skills required
- Proficient in MSOffice Suite specifically Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize and multitask many projects at one time
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to the changing demands of our environment
- Organized and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication ability in person and on the telephone
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group, Inc. (CMG) is an industry-leading media company with dominant brands, award-winning content, and exceptional people. CMG provides valuable local content to viewers in the communities in which it serves. The company's operations primarily include 65 radio stations delivering all genres of content in 11 markets,33 high-quality, market-leading television stations in 20 markets, and numerous streaming and digital platforms. CMG's portfolio includes primary affiliates of ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and MyNetworkTV, as well as several valuable news and independent stations. Additionally, the company also offers a full suite of national, regional, local and digital advertising services with CMG Local Solutions, Cox Reps and Gamut.