SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt is responsible for the development, oversight and implementation of the Six Sigma system and principles. The incumbent is a change agent in the advancement of the lean and six sigma data based culture within Dura-Line North America Operations. This position must be able to provide influence leadership to motivate team members and other personnel and to collaboratively provide tools and techniques to enable success in accomplishment of business priorities. Additional responsibilities include their full involvement in the development and implementation of condition monitoring technologies and various other Industry 4.0 applications.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develops, implements and sustains process improvement initiatives utilizing appropriate Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies.
- Defines, designs and implements continuous improvement programs that are integrated vertically and horizontally across the organization.
- Defines improvement projects aligned with business strategies.
- Analyzes improvement projects and potential results
- Facilitates improvement teams including the establishment of performance metrics to measure project success.
- Lead cross-functional process improvement projects focused on impactful results against business priorities.
- Present Continuous Improvement projects and status effectively to all levels of management.
- Be a member of the team that will design and implement world-class condition monitoring systems.
- Coach other practitioners on their CI development path.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Experience on machine application, maintenance & engineering, reliability engineering and condition monitoring of machines.
- Familiarity with factory automation systems strongly preferred.
- Proven experience with problem solving & process improvement methodologies and associated tools.
- Excellent statistical and analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, strong presentation skills, and the ability to set priorities and maintain organization as well as successfully drive others to complete priorities
- Excellent knowledge of organizational methods and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Must have Black Belt and Lean Certification.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or Business from an accredited four year college / university.
- Demonstrated ability to interface up and down the chain of command from shop floor to Executives.
- Office and manufacturing shop floor environment.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 14562
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Dura-Line is a leading international manufacturer and distributor of communication and energy infrastructure products and systems including conduit, cable-in-conduit, pipe, and accessories. At Dura-Line, we provide the “mission critical” elements of networks and infrastructure. We take that responsibility very seriously. Our experienced sales team and technical support staff, our commitment to product quality and availability, and our ongoing product innovation coupled with our unmatched industry experience give us the ability to support your specific installation needs, wherever you need us.
View the full profile