Build an exciting career at Carvana as a Customer Advocate!
- Base compensation of $18/hour
- Opportunity to increase hourly compensation by .50 cents every 3 months based on performance!
- You'll love driving our kick-ass hauler. Don’t worry, with a little training, you’ll realize driving the hauler is a piece of cake.
- You'll get to provide a uniquely special experience to each customer.
The Customer Advocate role is a unique combination of a few different things but long story short, you’ll be the face of Carvana. Since Carvana’s purchase process is entirely online, meeting you to receive their newly purchased vehicle will likely be the first time a customer has met a Carvana employee face-to-face! You’ll have the freedom to go above and beyond to ensure our customers have an experience that doesn’t suck and is completely one of a kind.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- A major part of this job is driving a kick-ass single-car hauler to get the customer’s purchase delivered straight to their front door. You don’t need a commercial driver’s license to drive the hauler.
- You will also be loading and unloading the customer’s vehicle on and off of it (it’s a quick and easy process, but it does require getting a little physical) and inspecting the car-hauler to ensure the vehicle maintains good maintenance and safe driving conditions.
- You’ll be expected to prioritize safe driving and to maintain a clean driving record in accordance to Carvana’s CMV Driver Qualification policy. Consistent, safe driving is crucial to this role!
- You will be accurately and efficiently completing customer paperwork as well as taking thorough notes in our customer tracking system. Again, don’t worry, we’ll train you on the paperwork, however you do need a natural eye for detail!
- You’ll also be a team player by assisting other team members with various tasks as necessary.
A QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE…
This position requires a sense of humor and a passion for the customer experience. We are looking for someone who is goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated. Required knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record for the past 3 years
- 2+ years of customer facing experience with a passion for creating memorable customer experiences
- Interest in working hard, being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
- Ability to pass a DOT physical, drug screen, and background check
- Must have (or be able to obtain) a Notary in your local jurisdiction within the first 90 days of employment (Process will be sponsored by Carvana)
- Illinois, Michigan, Louisiana and Missouri employees must obtain a Chauffeur's license or any other state specialty license within the first two weeks of employment. (Process will be sponsored by Carvana.)
WORK ENVIRONMENT This job operates in both indoor and outdoor conditions for extended amounts of time and may be exposed to inclement/extreme weather. We would never have employees work in extremely unsafe conditions (like a Sharknado), but you may get a tad toasty or wet from time to time. Likewise, some markets will require deliveries to be made in snow.
WORK REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS The work requirements and physical demands here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to walk/stand and sustain physical activity for extended periods of time (8+ hours)
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Requires high and low levels of movement with the ability to reach with arms, twist, kneel, crouch, climb, balance, and squat.
- Requires the grasping, carrying, lifting, pushing and pulling of items of 50lbs.
- Frequent driving requires excellent visual activity and manual dexterity. Reasonable accommodations may be granted to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All applicants must pass a Department of Transportation screening process.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Attention To Detail
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Customer Experience
- Defensive Driving
- Fine Motor Skills