JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This description is for mechanics that are required to perform most aspects of troubleshooting, repair and preventive maintenance actions on all material handling equipment (MHE) and other facility support systems. Additional duties include, but are not limited to training lower grade mechanics and general building maintenance support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Perform scheduled and emergency maintenance repair of most required MHE maintenance actions.
* Maintain forklift, tuggers & pallet jacks serviceability by completing preventive maintenance requirements and repairs to include; hydraulic, electrical and drive train systems.
* Use electronic and published maintenance repair guides to analyze, diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions.
* Assist in the development of approved vehicle modifications and procure resources needed for project completion.
* Ensure spare parts usage, inventory and labor actions are accurately tracked and documented according to Company policy.
* Perform DC maintenance requirements such as, but not limited to:
o Refrigeration systems
o Building lighting
o Dock doors
o Air systems
o Tote washer
o Air spray painting
* Weld and fabricate as required.
* Research parts, tools and technology as required through all sources available.
* Develop a working knowledge in the required aspects of the McLane Maintenance Connection data base.
* Monitor spare parts usage, accountability and work order accuracy.
* Comply with all Company and industrial safety standards.
* Effectively communicate both written and orally with supervisor and peers.
* Follow directions.
* Work independently and in a team environment.
* Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment within 30 days after hire.
* Comply with company attendance policy.
* Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the job.
* Work in warm and cold temperature conditions.
* Meet this position's physical demands.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have a related technical degree. Professional training is preferred.
* Have 3 or more years of professional experience in industrial maintenance.
* Have 2 or more years of MHE maintenance experience.
* Be able to read and understand electrical schematics.
* Have experience with Distribution Center industrial equipment, including, but not limited to, forklifts, reach trucks, order pickers, tuggers and carts.
* Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Have knowledge of OSHA regulations.
* Possess basic computer skills with experience in a maintenance database such as MP2, DataStream 7i and Maintenance Connection.
* Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
* Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center.
* This position requires the teammate to work inside majority of the time.
* This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)