You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The main purpose of the role is to support UHC Financial Protection National Accounts as the single point of contact for any administrative and service-related questions about the Financial Protection business (Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Waiver of Premium, Life, Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity Protection, and FMLA). Support includes, but is not limited to claim processing, billing, understanding policy language and Evidence of Insurability (EOI). The individual in this position will also have direct contact with clients and brokers as needed to support Sales and Account Management personnel with client education, questions or issue resolution from new sales through renewal.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 5:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- OST person is assigned to designated group of National Account, Public Sector, HP or high-touch KA clients as a direct contact
- Service as expert resource to clients and provide Voice of Client back to internal Financial Protection teams
- Create & deliver client culture training from clients to applicable Financial Protection internal teams
- Uses pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise
- Investigates non-standard requests and problems, with some assistance from others
- Provides explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise
- Ability to make difficult or unpopular decisions and to deliver difficult messages
- Typically supports larger, more complex premiere customer(s)
- Adhere to established service standards, volumes, and turnaround times
- Assess customer needs and requirements, especially non-standard requests, and problems, and respond or refer to appropriate resources
- Demonstrates ability in customer service issue resolution and relationship building
- Understanding of organizational structure; ability to facilitate issues through appropriate channels, including how and when to involve management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of member advocacy experience
- Ability to work a flexible 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- Experience working with National Accounts
- Experience with Financial Protection products or related field (i.e., short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, critical illness etc.)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies required all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 - $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada / New York City residents is $60,000 - $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.