Technologist, Medical II
- Must demonstrate proficiency in all principle duties of a Medical Technologist I.
- Proficient in all applicable areas of testing in the department. Proficient in troubleshooting all applicable instruments/procedures in the department.
- Participate in continuing education; present periodic in-service programs.
- Make suggestions for improvements; actively participate in implementation of process improvements.
- Assist with oversight and training of department employees as necessary.
- Perform other duties as needed to assure the timely completion of the work.
Required Work Experience:
Minimum of 3 years clinical experience with most current year in present department. Must have received a rating of 2 on last two annual performance appraisals.
Preferred Work Experience:
Physical and Mental Requirements:
BS in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry, or an AS degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Laboratory Technology, or have previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14,1990. If HEW certified, eight years or more in same department. Associates hired after the standardization date, must have a Bachelor of Science/Arts degree.
- Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle several procedures simultaneously.
- Must interact with other departments.
- Contact with clients may be required, good customer service skills important. 4. Must protect patient confidentiality at all
- Clinical Works
- Customer Service
- Health Technology
- Medical Laboratory