Manager of Internal Communications
A well respected aviation company in the Fort Worth area is seeking a dedicated professional to join their permanent staff as a Manager of Internal Communications for the company.
The individual will lead a team of communications professionals to develop a global strategy for internal communications and workforce support, while shaping the environment to promote the company's product and support offerings to stakeholders.
The Manager will nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and create an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective internal communications programs. This includes brand messaging development and management, employee communications, CEO communications, vendor/agency management, and budget management.
This position does provide a bonus structure and exceptional benefits including 401(k) matching and full healthcare plan.
- Manage communications team of 5, including day-to-day direction, career development, performance plans, and other matters
- Manage all internal communications channels, including company intranet, global emails, digital signage, employee mobile app, and the annual leadership summit
- Collaborate with communications site managers both local and international, as well as external communications teammates, brand engagement teammates and additional strategic communications functions
- Develop and execute internal communications plans including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Partner closely with HR team to lead culture change initiatives
- Provide guidance to social media team to engage existing and prospective employees
- Plan, coordinate and support internal communications actions to promote key events and successes
- Serve as the liaison between communications and leaders of assigned functions, products, or regions
- Maintain close relationships with assigned leaders of functional business teams, regions, or product teams to determine appropriate planning and tactical decision making
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends, monitors industry issues and competitive landscape and adjusts company positioning and messaging and makes appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy as required
- Develop communications key messages and talking points and manage the implementation across communications programs
- Lead other communication requirements for executives, including video scripts, presentation development, coaching, talking points and occasional speech writing
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- At least 10 years professional experience in a corporate communications or marketing communications role in business-to-business and/or business-to-government organization.
- Experience in managing teams and projects, with a "roll up the sleeves and get it done" approach. Must be able to work independently as well as leading a team
- Proven experience with strategic planning, messaging strategy, corporate communications, public relations, brand development, content development, writing, web and social media, project management, presentation development, vendor/agency management, and budget management
- Proven track record designing and executing successful strategic internal communication campaigns at an international level
- Strong relationships with both local, national and international trade and industry media outlets
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with ability to provide samples of your work
- Travel up to 10%
Determine Best Practices