Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
Sales Professional is responsible for creating profitable sales. Plan and execute sales events intended to create awareness of overall product and services to new & existing customers, within assigned geographic territory.
Works in conjunction with the inside sales team or contract coordinator for customer accounts. Assist customers in product selection, introduce new items and concepts, and ensure overall customer satisfaction. Provides excellent service, communication and accurate information. Plays a key role to establish and maintain contact with customers.
Responsibilities of the Sales Professional include, but are not limited to:
Complete a series of training assignments through various business units. Train in all sales & support departments to understand their role in the company.
- Constantly strive to improve selling skills and knowledge by attending and actively participating in sales meetings, company meetings, vendor sponsored training, industry shows and conventions
- Responds to customer needs and business opportunities in a timely manner with quality level of customer service
- Document and leverage cost saving & productivity analysis
- Contact customer to make sure product performed to their expectations
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Introduces new items and concepts, literature, promotional collateral, demonstrates features and uses, and answers questions regarding product applications pertaining to DXP suppliers
- Make calls with supplier representatives in selling new products and assist representatives with product tests and applications
- Selling across the breath of the product platforms
- Work with all other departments to resolve customer needs
- Maintains neat personal appearance, always remains courteous and service minded, and represents DXP at all times in a public relation capacity
- Makes calls to customers in an economical and systematic order of rotation and initiates orders for product
- Forwards information on competitors’ activities, new products, promotions and sales leads to supervisor
- Submits call reports, itineraries and expense reports as requested
- Performing other duties as requested by supervisor
- Responsible for complying with the DXP Documented Quality System
- Closely adhere to company’s preferred consultative sales process (IMPACT)
Qualifications of the Sales Professional include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English
- Ability to understand basic metal working & industrial supply concepts such as VMI, contracting
- Working understanding business & engineering math functions, and concepts of Algebra, Geometry and Profitability
- Comfortable with Excel, Word – prior experience with P21 ERP desired
- Able to make and plan for effective sales calls and report to management
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines
- Problem solving, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn, pitch in and grow with the company
- Have a valid driver’s license & maintain driving privileges at all times
Physical Demand: Must pass physical. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Working Conditions: Office and Machine Shop environment
Training/Certifications: Technical experience preferred
Shift Time/Overtime: Standard business hours.
Travel: Local travel with occasional overnight. Must have clear driving record according to company guidelines.
Education: Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering a plus
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V