To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
35 Inverness Drive East
Englewood, CO 80112
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Engineer-Collaboration Infrastructure
Teledyne Technologies • Englewood, CO
Posted 27 days ago
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated provides sophisticated electronic subsystems and instrumentation, including aerospace and defense electronics, digital imaging products and software, monitoring instrumentation for marine and environmental applications, harsh environment interconnect products, and subsystems for satellite communications, as well as engineered systems for defense, space, environmental and nuclear applications.Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Senior Engineer for Collaboration Systems will share responsibility for the design, implementation, operation, and maintenance of Teledyne’s voice and collaboration systems and services across 190 locations worldwide. The position will assist to design architecture for Teledyne’s voice and collaboration environment and work closely with the manager of the group to set strategy and direction for the team. This position will not have direct management responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Voice – The position will be responsible for the enterprise voice environment, including the call control system, integrated solutions (e.g. E911, unified messaging, call center and attendant console) and hardware (e.g. session border controllers, IP phones and voice gateways) extended to over 50 of Teledyne’s facilities globally. This includes the architecture, security, administration (setup, configuration and upgrade), project and client needs review, as well as the design, scheduling, and execution of migration of additional Teledyne facilities to the enterprise voice environment from legacy PBXs. This will also include interaction with the network team in the design and troubleshooting of LAN and WAN needs for voice.
- Collaboration – The position will be responsible for on-premise SIP-based collaboration solutions plus associated equipment (e.g. servers, video gateways and video teleconferencing devices), and cloud-based collaboration solutions. This will include architecture, security, administration (setup, configuration and upgrade), project and client needs review. This will also include interaction with the network team in the design and troubleshooting of LAN and WAN needs for video.
- Collaboration Policy, Process, and Standards – The position will be responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of voice/collaboration solutions consistent with IT policy, processes, and associated standards. This includes asset management and license compliance from both a hardware and software perspective.
- Security – The position will be responsible for providing technical knowledge to the IT security team on voice and collaboration systems’ security matters to ensure corporate assets and information are protected from external threats.
- Lifecycle Refresh – The position will work closely with the manager to establish and execute lifecycle refresh plans for the collaboration team’s systems and Teledyne businesses.
- General Support – The position will have support responsibilities specific to the most complex voice / collaboration problems. Support will require troubleshooting malfunctions of voice and video hardware and software applications, and collaboration systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a thorough understanding of voice and video technologies
- Must have a thorough understanding of collaboration technologies
- CCNA Collaboration or CCNP Voice Certification preferred
- Excellent hands-on experience with the following Products/Technologies:
- Cisco Voice over IP, including debugging
- SIP Trunking, including debugging
- Audio/Video Standards (G.711 ulaw/alaw, G.729, G.722, H.264)
- E.164 Numbering
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Unity Connection
- Cisco Emergency Responder
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Express
- Cisco Unified Attendant Console Advanced
- Cisco Expressways-C/E
- Microsoft Unified Messaging 2013/2016
- Microsoft Lync 2013/Skype for Business Online
- Cisco WebEx and/or Zoom cloud-based conferencing
- SynApps SA-Announce for paging
- Cisco SBCs: Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)
- Cisco SIP Phones: 7800-, 7900- and 8800-series, 3905
- Cisco SIP Video Endpoints: 8865, DX80, MX- and SX-series, WebEx (Spark) Room Kit Plus
- Cisco Analog Voice Gateways: VG-series, ATAs
- Along with the above technologies, the following knowledge is also desirable:
- CyberData/Algo SIP devices (intercoms, paging relays, strobes)
- InterFAX Online Fax Service
- RightFax FoIP
- FastFax FoIP
- Verizon TSO VoIP platform
- Cisco routers and switches, including multicast
- Cisco IOS software
- LAN/WAN links (Ethernet, WiFi, MPLS, VPLS)
- Internal and external CA certificate management
- VMWare Virtualization
- Windows Server 2016
- Ability to travel (domestically/internationally) greater than approximately 10%
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science/related field is desired with a minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experienceCitizenship Requirements Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a 'U.S. Person' (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees). Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. ? If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.