To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Job Opportunity for Care Manager - (Remote - San Diego, CA)
AIC (part of ACS Group) • San Diego, CA
Posted 3 months ago
Role: Care Manager
Location: Remote/Work from Home (San Diego CA 92108)
Duration: 6 months contract with possibility to go permanent
- Monitors inpatient and/or outpatient level of care services related to mental health and substance abuse treatment to ensure medical necessity and effectiveness.
- Provides telephone triage, crisis intervention and emergency authorizations as assigned.
- Performs concurrent reviews for inpatient and/or outpatient care and other levels of care as allowed by scope of practice and experience. In conjunction with providers and facilities, may develop discharge plans and oversee their implementation. May also perform quality clinical reviews while educating and making appropriate interventions to advance the care of the member in treatment.
- Provides information to members and providers regarding mental health and substance abuse benefits, community treatment resources, mental health managed care programs, and company policies and procedures, and criteria.
- Interacts with Physician Advisors to discuss clinical and authorization questions and concerns regarding specific cases.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, including data collection, tracking, and analysis.
- Maintains an active work load in accordance with National Care Manager Performance standards. Works with community agencies as appropriate. Proposes alternative plans of treatment when requests for services do not meet medical necessity criteria. Participates in network development including identification and recruitment of quality providers as needed. Advocates for the patient to ensure treatment needs are met. Interacts with providers in a professional, respectful manner that facilitates the treatment process.
- Licensure required: independent behavioral health licensure valid in State of California: Ph.D, Psy.D, or equivalent (LCSW, LPCC, LMFT)
- Education: MA/MS
- Experience: 2+ years clinical.
- Minimum 2 years' experience post degree in healthcare, behavioral health, psychiatric and/or substance abuse health care setting.
- Strong organization, time management and communication skills.
- Knowledge of utilization management procedures, mental health and substance abuse community resources and providers.
- Knowledge and experience in inpatient and/or outpatient setting.
- Knowledge of DSM V or most current diagnostic edition.
- Ability to analyze specific utilization problems, plan and implement solutions that directly influence quality of care.
Nick - Nikhil
Sr. Associate - Recruitment