Join the Family Dollar Team at the Distribution Center in Marianna, Florida.
We are hiring for the following position on multiple shifts.
Weekend shifts available - 12 hour shifts for morning or overnight with a weekday shift preference.Earn up to $22.00
Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician*$1000.00 Sign On Bonus*General Summary:
Performs routine and detailed preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, troubleshoots and repairs all Distribution Center systems to include conveyors, controllers, material handling equipment, alarm systems, fire detection and suppression systems, detectors, sensors, scanners, hydraulic / pneumatic systems. General repairs on HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and minor general construction repairs Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Position Requirements Education:
- As directed, work with and oversee Technician Levels I and II.
- Proficiently utilizes CMMS to retrieve and complete work orders, ensuring parts are properly withdrawn for inventory and accounted for on appropriate work order.
- Utilize CMMS to assign work to Technician Levels I and II.
- Assist Maintenance Manager with audits of maintenance performed to ensure highest quality.
- Analyze maintenance projects to determine least disruptive and most cost effective implementations.
- Troubleshoots and repairs all conveyor systems under time constraints to included motors, motor controllers, control cabinets, detectors, and sensors.
- Must be able to pass Powered Material Handling Equipment Certification
- Troubleshoots and repairs all Powered Industrial Equipment under time constraints.
- Completes daily power equipment checklist to ensure equipment is working properly and report any defects to management and/or maintenance.
- Operates powered equipment in a safe manner.
- Must be able to complete on-line Computer Based training on time and as scheduled
- Follows set safety procedures and guidelines to maximize personal safety.
- Maintains an organized work area and promotes a safe working environment.
- Must be able to actively pursue individual development by communicating opportunities to manager and assist with development of action plans to advance opportunities.
- Understand and able to troubleshoot local area data communication, PLC / PC controlled devices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Develops knowledge base of different systems within the Distribution Center and participate in training Technician Levels I and II.
- Initiates and implements new procedures to keep present equipment/systems operating at 100% efficiency.
- Communicates effectively with others to minimize potential downtime of equipment.
- Makes sure workmanship is of highest quality.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
High School or equivalent. Certificate of completion for formal schooling in hydraulics, mechanics, electricity or electronics. 2 year degree in maintenance discipline preferred.Experience:
Four years of industrial maintenance experience and have certificates of completion for formal schooling in hydraulics, electricity or electronics or 2 years’ experience as a Forklift Technician Multi Skilled must be proficient in the following categories, Electronic/Electrical, Battery Equipment, Other Equipment (scrubber, boom lift, etc.), Machining/Lathe/Mill, MHE Mechanical Systems, Welding, Hydraulics, data communication, PLC / PC controllers. Physical Requirements:
Able to perform essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. These tasks require the ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds. The Team Member should have adequate fitness level to meet the demands of frequent lifting, walking, standing, moderate climbing, occasional sitting, stooping and kneeling with or without reasonable accommodation. Team Member will operate P.I.T. equipment. Team Member will be required to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) per Distribution Center requirements.Working Conditions:
Team Member will work in a non-climate controlled atmosphere, in which outside weather conditions greatly affect the building’s temperature although fans and heaters are used. Team Member may also work outside of the Distribution Center which may expose them to adverse weather conditions. The Team Member will occasionally be required to work on a platform raised up to 60 feet. Team Member may also be exposed to moving mechanical parts or equipment, fumes and airborne particles as regulated by OSHA.Availability:
Team Member will perform shift work and must be willing to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays. Critical SkillsCommunication Skills:
Must be able to effectively communicate with co-workers and management team.Physically Capable:
Has the necessary hand and motor skills needed to perform essential work activities. Problem Solving:
Identifies problems and finds solutions to them. Isolates problem areas and uses appropriate techniques to solve them.Quality Conscious:
Is committed to achieving and maintaining high standards. Ensures own work is correct.Reliable:
Consistent and dependable. Follows supervisors’ instructions. Respects Company policies and procedures.Safety Conscious:
Does not put self or others at risk of injury. Must be aware of personal responsibility in safety of themselves and others and acts accordingly.Strong Organizational Skills:
Able to perform multiple activities successfully; establishes clear goals and objectives and is effective at managing time/priorities.Technically Capable:
Applies relevant knowledge, skills and procedures to all technical aspects of the job. APPLY HERE to join one of the most successful, stable companies in the United States
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician