To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newark, NJ 07101
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Manager - AUS
Aramark • Newark, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us onFacebook andTwitter.
The HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGERfor Aramark Uniform Services will be instrumental in driving HR solutions and policy compliance that adds value to the organization and are aligned with business objectives. The incumbent will work with management and regional HR partners by providing hands-on support in the areas of employee relations, workplace investigations, HR compliance, project management, and various generalist duties. This position will service our employees in our Central Region.
Manages and address employee relation matters, including employee complaints, investigating issues and providing coaching to team members and managers. Conducts thorough and objective workplace investigations.
- Provide day-to-day support and counsel to management in regards to policy interpretation, HR compliance, and appropriate workplace conduct.
- Act as first line resource to managers and field HR partners to assess needs, and develop appropriate plans to strengthen employee morale and drive retention.
- Participate in HR related projects and partner with management team as needed.
- Assess effectiveness of HR practices and policies. Look for opportunities to improve programs and provide recommendations to increase employee productivity and commitment.
- Review and identify employee relations trends and reports for the organization across multiple regions. Advise management and HR partners on trend analysis including options for action planning.
- Analyze root causes and identify broader opportunities for long-term success in regards to recurring employee relations issues.
- Manage and review ADA/LOA compliance process and accommodation requests.
- Ensure compliance and consistency to HR policies and practices, and adherence to all federal, state, and local regulations both as a consultant and oversight for Aramark locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field or a combination of equivalent work experience is preferred.
- A PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- 5-7 years professional level Human Resources experience is required, including at least three years in a Business Partner capacity.
- The ideal candidate will have worked in a multi-location environment and has managed employee relations issues remotely.
- Demonstrated expertise in effective human resources management techniques, plans, and strategies.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and critical thinking skills required.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable State and Federal regulations and general business practices required.
- Must be able to work independently with the ability to juggle priorities and manage time to effectively meet deadlines. Strong project management skills necessary.
- Experience working in a unionized environment preferred.
- Strong HRIS and computer skills required: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated influencing, creative problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Highest professional standards regarding internal customer service, confidentiality and ethical conduct required.
- Ability to successfully work in fast paced environment and handle highly sensitive issues while balancing employee advocacy, management demands, and business objectives.
- Results-oriented with ability to gain and maintain organizational credibility.
- Travel 10%
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran