To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alpharetta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
R&D Electrical Engineer, Sustaining Engineering
Halyard Health, Inc • Alpharetta, GA
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Description SummaryWe are currently recruiting for an R&D Electrical Engineer, Sustaining Engineering in our corporate headquarters in Alpharetta, GA.
Halyard Health’s Interventional Pain Management R&D group is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our team in Alpharetta, GA. The ideal candidate must have a strong track record for developing & sustaining Medical Electrical Devices & Electrical Accessories. In this role, you will be given the autonomy & flexibility to grow your skills & your career, while effectively delivering world class results. At Halyard Health, we value ownership & a sense of urgency. We continually strive to cultivate & grow our relationships with our cross-functional peers & external partners while meeting or exceeding the needs of our customer base.
The incumbent will lead or contribute significantly in efforts to identify and determine product improvements and updates for existing Interventional Pain Devices & Electrical Accessories. The incumbent will also support key external partners in the sustaining engineering for an installed base of Medical Devices & Electrical Accessories. Additionally, the incumbent will provide support to the technical aspects of new product commercialization.
Other responsibilities also include the following: Leading projects of small to moderate size and complexity, perform as an indispensable team member on a project of moderate complexity, and lead technical interactions with customers regarding product requirements and therapy methods, provide technical guidance for other project areas, effectively plan and complete project responsibilities on time, ensure communication of project plans and results to customers and other team members, provide technical guidance and coaching to less experienced team members, and provide protection of technologies and products through appropriate use of patents and trade secrets.
- Provide leadership and collaboration within a cross functional team during the execution of product sustainability projects. Work closely with a cross functional team to ensure complete and accurate integration of Pain Management products and any product improvements.
- Manage self and/or team in accordance with the expected behaviors of the Leadership Qualities. Effectively achieve results that meet business and individual objectives.
- Provide technical expertise in the design, development, and manufacture of Pain Management Medical Devices and Electrical Accessories.
- Implement engineering standards and scientific analysis principles to initiate and develop product improvements.
- Provide leadership in developing & maintaining relationships with strategic external partners.
- Define testing and equipment requirements to support all device requirements including bench testing, equipment installations and validations.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve any issues related to Pain Management Medical Electrical products.
- Prepare and manage budgets and schedules related to Pain Management Medical Electrical projects.
- Complete all work in a safe manner consistent with Halyard Health safety & quality protocols.
- Demonstrate scientific expertise pertinent to pain management therapies and medical devices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in the electrical engineering, systems engineering and/or sustaining engineering for medical electrical devices.
- Experience with process and/or sustaining (Life Cycle Management).
- Experience in RF tissue ablation for pain management preferred; experience in other areas of RF tissue ablation acceptable.
- Experience with design and development of RF energy medical device capital equipment & electrical accessories.
- Experience with design and development of RF and electrical medical devices enclosures and/or housings.
- Experience managing 3rd party design & manufacturing partners to develop and deliver medical devices.
- Experience developing peripheral and disposable devices that work in conjunction with (electro-mechanical-software system) medical devices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Electrical Design experience.
- Knowledge of statistics and use in medical device verification & validation.
- Design and execution of product testing, creation of technical files for regulatory submission.
- Knowledge of Quality Systems requirements for medical devices, with strong skills in Requirements Management and Risk Management.
- Up to 25% travel will be required in this role, potentially including some international.
Halyard Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a current employee of Halyard Health, please apply here.