LOCATION: Monroe, NC
DIRECT REPORTING: VP, Global Product Development-Fellow
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Engineering
The position will be responsible for the all aspects of materials involving the use and treatments of manufactured or purchased parts. This includes welding, coatings and heat treatment processes. Experience of materials will not be limited to metals but also include materials of any kind as required for the design and manufacturing processes.
Responsible for the initiation, planning, monitoring, reporting and closure of large material development and new/emerging associated technology projects. The role will closely coordinate with a cross-functional team of resources (Product Management, Strategic Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, etc.) for execution on-time and budget to meet or exceed project requirements. The Principle Materials Engineer will be expected to leverage their materials associated technologies expertise to drive superior execution and contribute to strategy development around enhancing capabilities.
- Serve as Principle Materials Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Industrial Group including all pump and valve products
- Provide independent technical leadership in materials and associated existing and new technologies across manufacturing sites and all product platforms.
- Investigate and match new technologies to product development needs to support substantial business growth in all served end markets.
- Provide technical leadership to establish partnerships with external technical communities including universities, technical consultants and research companies.
- Develop & execute technical material projects of varying complexity based on commercial needs & proposed technical solution
- Drive all cross-functional activities & collaborate with functional leadership on all aspects of execution
- Successfully identify and mitigate cost and technical risks involving material recommendations, developments and substitutions.
- Partner with Industrial leadership team to develop advance material capabilities and technologies strategy & drive execution based on best practice.
New Product Development
Metal Heat Treatments