Compensation (Range): around $20/ hour
If you are an experienced Material Planner looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Material Planner. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a Material Planner will include:
- Manage work orders to ensure manufacturing has necessary work at all times, communicates on overtime requirements.
- Expedite orders for customers where possible; expedites shortages with buyers; communicates updates to customer service.
- Ensure work orders for their areas of responsibility are current, not past due, not in pick status for long periods of time.
- Support potential miss to ensure on time completion of critical orders be proactive.
- Prepare reports and other correspondence for use by SCM professionals.
As a Material Planner you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Coordinate material requirements with production schedules, customer requirements and provide feedback to scheduling and management.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within ITAR,. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S, Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only Candidates within a 50 miles of Jackson, MI will be considered.
- Bachelor Degree
- Minimum 1 year in Supply Chain Role
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Proficient in development and tracking of internal metrics.
- General Knowledge of ERP and procurement processes.
- Exposure to institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tool: Six Sigma, DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Tree Diagrams, Root Cause analysis, Analytical skills.
- Hose, Tube, Fitting, and coupling design experience is a plus.
- Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from production associates to the leadership team.
- Skillful in using forecasting, demand planning, scheduling and inventory management tools and concepts to analyze and recommend optimal placement and velocity of materials for manufacturing and distribution process. Well-qualified to understand the independencies of supply chain strategies.
As a Material Planner with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 41 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Material Planner Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Keywords: overtime requirements, expedite orders, customers, expedite shortages, buyers, customer service, ensure work orders are current, pick status, potential miss, on time completion, critical orders, reports, coordinate material requirements, production schedules, customer requirements, scheduling, bachelors, supply chain, tracking, ERP, SAP, Oracle, procurement process, cycle time reduction, process improvement tool, six sigma, DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, tree diagrams, root cause analysis, analytical skills, hose, tube fitting, coupling design, forecasting, demand planning, scheduling, inventory management, tools, optimal placement, velocity, materials, manufacturing, distribution, independencies of supply chain, strategies
Material Requirements Planning