Patient Care Technician/Unit Liasion AdventHealth
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth
- Work for a Faith-Based, Non-Profit Healthcare Organization
- Patient and Employee Focused Organization Providing Whole Patient Care
- Competitive Salaries and Comprehensive Benefits
- Opportunities for Education Reimbursement for Career Advancement
- Career Growth and Advancement Potential
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Ensures personal hygiene and comfort care is delivered to all patients.
- Observes skin condition on all patients for potential skin breakdown and implements preventative measures per wound/skin protocol. Communicates changes in skin integrity to the licensed nurse.
- Responds to nurse/patient intercom system in a timely manner.
- Obtains vital signs per unit standard, reports abnormal findings immediately to the licensed nurse.
- Answers all call lights for patients as well as incoming phone calls in a courteous, professional manner.
- Places phone calls to other departments and physician offices.
What You Will Need:
- High school graduate or GED required
- Minimum of one-year healthcare certified nursing assistant clinical experience preferred
- Student in RN nursing program who has completed at least three hospital clinical rotations will be considered
- Current BLS through AHA
- Current Florida certification as a nursing assistant preferred
The Patient Care Technician/Unit Liaison (PCT/UL) is responsible to perform duties as assigned by the Nurse Manager or Registered nurse in compliance with established process standards, structure standards and protocols of the assigned unit. The (PCT/UL) works in cooperation with all team members in an effort to accomplish departmental goals and objectives. The (PCT/UL) role is multi-disciplined. When assigned as a PCT, the primary function is the delivery of competent, compassionate, and cost-effective care. When assigned as a Unit Liaison, primary function is to perform clerical duties, provide professional service to our healthcare team, visitors and patients.
Candidate must have 2 years in a 'like' position to qualify for the incentive
Full Time Employment Contract Required
Rehires within last 12 months and internal employees not eligible
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Patient Care Technician
Certified Nursing Assistant
Registered Nurse Certified