Purpose of the Position: A Packaging Engineer/General Engineer is responsible for developing and executing projects related to the testing, reliability, and compliance of product packaging and systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages projects as they relate to packaging materials.
- Executes projects as they are related to the departments strategic plan
- Performs packaging performance testing
- Responsible for packaging design, and innovation projects
- Resource for packaging line operation
- Responsible for global harmonization of packaging materials and methods
- Responsible to follow packaging policy
- Responsible for packaging quality assurance (finished goods and raw materials)
- Responsible for packaging systems design and implementation projects
- Responsible for regulatory compliance related to employee hazmat employee training and hazmat packaging performance testing and recordkeeping.
- Responsible for special projects & data analysis related to packaging
- Ensures service excellence to internal and external customers
Education: Certified training, trade school diploma, or college degree in mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic engineering, or industrial testing. .
- 3 years of work experience in mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic engineering (preferred)
- 3 year of experience with data collection and reporting (preferred)
- 1 years of work experience in air and water pressure plumbing or equivalent skilled work (required)
- 1 year of experience with data collection and reporting (required)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Safety awareness and training to work in industrial environments.
- Mathematics and statistics
- Data collection and analysis
- Report writing and solid communication skills
- Mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic fundamentals in theory and practice
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)