Data Center Technical Operations Engineer
Term: 6-11 month contract
Location: Onsite in Sterling, VA (20166)
The Data Center Technical Operations Engineer, Facility will be responsible for Data Center Engineering Operations within the Data Center including risk management and mitigation, corrective and preventative maintenance of critical infrastructure, vendor management and metric reporting.
- Responsible for the on-site management of shift technicians, senior shift technicians, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance with established practices and procedures.
- Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses, and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance.
- Work with IT managers and other business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity, and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and efficiency.
- Operate and manage both routine and emergency services on a variety of critical systems such as: switchgear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems, etc.
- May assist in the design and build out of new facilities.
- May assist in projects to increase current facility efficiency.
- Responsible for asset and inventory management.
- Assist in recruiting efforts
- Deliver quality service and ensure all customer demands are met
- Electronical technical competence
- Experience in a critical environment
Additional Required Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or Technical (Military/ Trade School) Degree and relevant experience
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- 2-4 years of management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
- 2-4 years of Data Center Engineering Experience
- 2-4 years of Data Center Management Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline
- Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as low voltage (copper/ fiber) cabling
- Attention To Detail
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication