You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
We are currently conducting an internal/external search for a 3rd Shift Lead Quality Assurance Technician in our Marathon City facility. The core hours for this position are Monday thru Friday, 10:45 pm to 6:45 am. Please note we have a Monday night start for 3rd Shift. *Saturday hours are generally 6:45 pm to 12:45 am or until Sanitation is complete when scheduled. Availability of Saturday hours are dependent on production and staffing needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibility:
- Direct/schedule the work of the Quality Technicians on shift
- Daily review of shift data, reports for product attribute tracking, weight control and other SPC programs for quality control.
- Administer all sampling programs - finished goods, in-process, incoming raw materials and packaging materials.
- Conduct daily shift pre-op inspections to include GMP, line release, line changeovers, label review and code dating.
- Floor level administrator for hold/release program - initiate holds, issue dispositions of product and ingredient, maintains hold logs and associated information systems, issues associated reports. Review ingredient COAs toward approval and release for utilization.
- Inspects equipment and reviews all paperwork associated with product protection and food safety to include but not limited to metal detectors, HACCP control points, allergen protocols, foreign material controls, package integrity, and antimycotic applications.
- Maintain quality equipment calibration program - schedules and protocols.
- Handles customer-specific records, reports and programs.
- Maintains QA data entry programs and document files.
- Conducts QA/Regulatory training sessions for QA Techs and plant personnel.
- Assists Quality Assurance Supervisor/SQF Practitioner and or corporate with special projects
- Willing to assist in training for the position when needed
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate SPC and attribute data trending.
- Detail oriented, organized.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the plant.
- Associate's degree in food science technician or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Background in QA/Food processing and manufacturing operations.
- Working knowledge of food safety and quality principles.
- Ability to supervise technician level activities.
- Attention To Detail
- Data Entry
- Food Processing
- Food Safety
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g34altp
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.