The Assistant Director of Development reports to the Executive Director of Fundraising & Development and is a key member of the Development & Communications Team. The role supervises the Fundraising Administrator within the department of Development & Communications. Key responsibilities include assisting in the development of goals and strategies for all fundraising campaigns. Plans and implements marketing programs and special events to maximize prospect/donor engagement. Develops and maintains a prospect portfolio of foundations and donors to optimize fundraising opportunities. Supports the contractual Grant Writer in researching, writing, submitting and tracking grants. Collaborates with Marketing & Communications Director and Community Outreach Team Lead to develop effective donor communications strategies for individuals and companies. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.RESPONSIBILITIES: Fundraising Leadership & Collaboration
- Supervise Fundraising Administrator to ensure proper execution of gift entry, donor data management, reporting, event registration and gift acknowledgement.
- Collaborate with Executive Director of Fundraising & Development and Marketing & Communications Director in development of donor communications strategies including an annual donor engagement calendar
- Collaborate with the Community Outreach Team Lead in development of corporate donor engagement strategies to convert donors from corporate volunteers to monetary donorsWork with Grant Writer to coordinate private foundation grant process, write and submit grant proposals, and manage relationships with foundation staff
- Liaison to the VOACC program staff for development efforts to identify funding needs and complete grant reports
- In partnership with the Executive Director of Fundraising & Development, oversee Board of Directors and Carolinas Council fundraising efforts and track donor engagement
- Manage major prospect/donor call coordination and briefing materials associated with activities for President & CEO
- Prepare analytical fundraising reports that track fundraising progress for campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
Execute fundraising programs and events to maximize prospect/donor engagement
- Develop and execute individual donor strategies for new, current and lapsed donorsPersonally identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individual, foundation and corporate donors
EFFECT ON END RESULT
- Manage a portfolio of individual, corporate and foundation donors
- Identify and secure corporate and foundation donors
- Answer donor and staff inquiries in a timely fashion
- Increase giving and retention of individual donors, and reactivate lapsed donors
- Communicate and represent the mission, vision, and values, of VOACC, and share a clear and compelling narrative to donors and stakeholders
- Maintain compliance with VOACCs policies and procedures and ensure all activities comply with appropriate legal, regulatory and fundraising good practice requirements
- Bachelors Degree required. CFRE certification a plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in donor stewardship, data entry, and fundraising event planning required
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in supervision of staff
- Experience with Raisers Edge/Raisers Edge NXT or equivalent fundraising CRM software requiredExperience writing grant proposals preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint preferred
- Excellent writing, oral and interpersonal communication skills, networking and organizational skills.
- High level of administrative self-sufficiency including computer proficiency.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize many projects with a high level of customer service and confidentiality.Ability to travel when necessary to engage donors and solicit prospects
- Ability to work independently and collaborativelyThe successful candidate must have effective oral and written communication skills Strong organization skills, problem-solving skills and judgment are desired.
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize workload, meet critical deadlines and comfortably work with confidential employee and employer information.
- Must possess outstanding team building skills and the desire to work with people.
- Be able to proficiently utilize technology, metrics, and standard processes
- Bilingual in any language a plus
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service
- Data Entry