Our client, a fast growing Property Management firm located in Bergen County, NJ is adding a Full Charge Bookkeeper to the team.
In this role the ideal candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Exceptional knowledge of MRI software is necessary for this role
- Accounts Payable duties which include coding invoices, sorting, entering into accounting software system, issuing checks to vendors.
- Accounts Receivable duties which will include miscellaneous cash posting to database, and deposit preparation.
- Monitoring and maintaining numerous bank accounts and performing monthly bank reconciliation.
- Maintain the General Ledger through trial balance analysis to verify accounts are in balance; adjusting journal entries, monthly cash flow preparation.
- Manage the company Payroll which will include employee time sheet processing, reporting time, preparation and distribution of payroll checks; Quarterly and annual review of payroll accounts.
- Commercial Lease Accounting: monthly, quarterly, annual reconciliation and billing tenants their proportionate share of Real Estate Taxes, Common Area Maintenance, Sewer and Insurance Reimbursements, handling tenant inquiries and discrepancies with tenants.
- Assist with SOX Audits: gathering quarterly financial information for Auditors review.
Requirements for the position include:
- Ability to multi-task meeting deadlines and completing heavy processing volumes.
- CAM reconciliation experience is preferred.
- Previous Real Estate/Property Management Accounting experience required.
This is an excellent direct-hire, permanent role with the opportunity to grow with the company.