Description Your journey begins now!
At Miraval Berkshires it is our ongoing purpose to bring imagination, authenticity and meaning to wellness. Each day we work to bring out the best in all we do for our guests and colleagues (you) to take comfort in.
Candidates interested in joining us on this journey need to believe in the power of the individual and understand that regardless of the job, every position has meaning and is important to Miraval%26rsquo;s purpose.
Under the direction of the Assistant Human Resources Director, the Payroll and Human Resources Administrator will perform a variety of professional responsibilities in support of Miraval%26rsquo;s centralized Human Resources function. Essential Functions:
- Create, build and carry positivity and moral with and for colleagues throughout the property
- Process bi-weekly payroll for resort colleagues.
- First point of contact for the Human Resources Department.
- The HR Assistant will answer phone calls from colleagues as well as external inquiries.
- Meet with colleagues as needed to answer questions regarding employment
- Coordinates and performs the new hire process from the point of creating a new requisition through completion of new hire paperwork. This includes pre-screening paperwork (drug screen and background check) and appropriate pre-employment testing.
- Performs Reference checks as needed and requested
- Provides excellent service and care to the colleagues, applicants and outside vendors and visitors.
- Coordinates and performs the termination process from the time the requisition is received through the creation of the term file.
- Maintenance of all staff files in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Maintains up-to-date employment files and is responsible for accurate filing of all HR-related documents.
- Functions as an expert in the HRIS system to include data entry, knowledge of all functions and creating and generating reports.
- Maintains all Recognition/Anniversary records and disbursements, along with the appropriate award and/or pin.
- Works with HR team to develop creative approaches to the recruitment process to increase high-caliber candidate sourcing including referral generation, internet sourcing, ad placement, job fairs, community outreach, direct sourcing/cold calling, and networking.
- Assist in the planning, preparation and execution of training and events.
- Assists in facilitating training programs such as new hire orientation, in-house systems, and other HR training programs as necessary.
Miraval is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the wellness industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
We thank you for your interest. Be well.
Miraval Berkshires offers:
- World class resort
- Awarded Fortune%26rsquo;s 100 best companies to work for
- Unlimited use of our fitness center, yoga classes, and lectures
- Competitive pay
- Positions with incentive & bonus packages
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee discounts on all spa services and programming
- Discounted and comped rates at Hyatt Hotels
- Positions with flexible schedules
- A Bachelor%26rsquo;s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Industrial Relations or a related field of study is desired.
- At least 2 years work experience processing payroll
- At least 2 years work experience related to the Human Resources function, preferably within the hospitality industry.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience of ADP/HRIS products
- Principles and practices of Human Resources administration.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate a variety of tasks and assignments.
- Able to communicate clearly in English verbally, electronically and in writing.
- Work independently and manage daily responsibilities and deadlines
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports, communicate with all levels of staff and management and to effectively convey ideas in both verbal and written format.
- Ability to project a positive and professional demeanor and approach, reflective of Miraval%26rsquo;s values.
- Ability to elicit buy-in and cooperation of others.
- Ability for appropriate decision-making and problem-solving, utilizing factual information, company policies, and personal judgment through experience.
- Strong organizational skills, with emphasis on attention to detail and continuous follow-up
- Ability to multi-task, manage interruptions, handle stress and effectively matriculate in a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment.
Automated Data Processing (Adp)
Attention To Detail