UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Manage all aspects of the monthly financial close process through the completion of financial statements, as well as additional accounting responsibilities and processes which cross business teams as a Senior Financial Consultant for UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation (UHCCF), a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. This role will challenge you to leverage your broad financial and technical skills, as well as your Blackbaud experience (Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge) to assist with all aspects of financial and accounting processes for the Foundation across the country. Candidates for this role must thrive in a self-starter and hands-on environment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Monthly Financial Close Process: primarily consisting of the monthly bank reconciliations, preparation and entry of all journal entries into the financial accounting system, and completion of the monthly financial reporting package
- Monthly Grant Reporting: prepare monthly reporting which determines available funds required by the Operations Team as a critical part of the monthly grant award process
- Accounts Payable: reconciling and processing of electronic payments to providers related to awarded grants which are paid electronically via Zelle
- Regional Board of Directors: attendance and participation in the four regional BOD meetings presenting financial statements summarizing the cash position of each region and providing the fund balances for each of the four regions which are available to award as grants to board members
- Employee Donation Tracking: submit all UHG employee donations eligible for company match by aggregating all submitted files into a single request. This would also include the recording and reporting of all UHG employee volunteer hours
- CBA Management: work closely with and support team members and ensure their success by providing all necessary forecasting support, information, data, historical results, etc. required to complete a Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) for assigned events and efforts
- IRS Form 990: work closely with team members as well as the auditors to ensure that all relevant activity and amounts are properly captured and reported on Tax Organizer Form along with timely following up on any outstanding auditor questions or requests
- Invoicing and Receipts: complete all invoicing requests and forward to the appropriate recipient. This would also include the creation and delivery of all tax receipt requests received from sponsors and donors
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years of business experience
- 3+ years of nonprofit experience with solid proficiency in both Blackbaud Financial Edge
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in MS Excel, with proficient skills in Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated understanding of sound financial principals and the ability to complete a cost-benefit analysis (CBA)from start to finish as well as experience managing and delivering on project and program benefits (revenue and expense elements)
- Travel is less than 5% (domestic, twice a year to special events)
- [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Finance Manager-UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation (UHCCF) Telecommute
- Raiser’s Edge applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comfort preparing and presenting meaningful financial presentations to officers, board members and to executive level audiences. Will represent the Foundation in the highest standards/guidelines
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work within a team, virtually, and in a matrixed environment
- Negotiation and people/customer service skills including ability to “close the deal”, and execute on promises/commitments
- Self-starter, ability to work independently, creative, detail oriented, high level of emotional intelligence
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Financial Consultant, UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation (UHCCF), Blackbaud, Raiser’s Edge, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota