WHO ARE WE?
K12 Produces Results
Get to know Lone Star Online Academy at Roscoe (LSOA)!
Lone Star Online Academy at Roscoe
Behind the scenes
A Day in the life
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for ANY ONE. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, Lone Star Online Academy at Roscoe. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Lone Star Online Academy at Roscoe is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
Special Education Teacher- Instruction provides instruction, support and guidance, manages the learning process, for special education students as defined by each student's IEP. Also responsible for compliance documents required in serving special education students.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Implement instructional strategies that stimulate learning and increase student engagement
* Create instructional resources to meet the varying needs of students
* Collaborate with parents and colleagues to manage coarse goals, curriculum, and materials that enhance the learning experience
* Actively participate in Professional Learning Communities (or professional development)
* Host live synchronous sessions that promote a positive learning environment
* Analyze student data to prescribe remediation and enrichment as needed
* Participate in data analysis meetings to monitor student growth
* Collects data and work samples to support documentation of IEP goals;
* Documents all contact with parents, collaborations with general education teachers, and interventions with students
* Makes modifications and accommodations to K12 lessons and assessments as specified by the IEP
* Collaborates with general education teachers to ensure inclusion and success of student in the general education classroom
* Collaborates on all progress, semester and grade reports
* Provides special education services to students; supports general education teachers and parents with student accommodations to promote the attainment of IEP goals
* Communicates with parents and applicable related service staff to ensure that students with special needs are receiving the appropriate therapies
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree(s) AND
* Minimum six (6) months of student teaching experience
* Teachers with one or more years of teaching experience are required to provide past performance data.
* Teaching Certificate(s)
* Performance Evaluations
* Prior Year State Assessment Data
* Reference Letter(s)
Certificates and Licenses:
* Appropriate state special education certification.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Strong written/verbal communication skills
* Ability to travel at least once per month within and between assigned geographic areas to support students, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and participate in school activities, open houses and orientations.
* Experience working with the proposed age group
* Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
* An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
* Ability to clear required background check(s)
* Experience working with the proposed age group
* Experience working in a virtual environment.
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools
* Experience teaching online (virtual) and/or in a brick-and-mortar environment
* Familiar with Blackboard Collaborative or other online platforms
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This position is virtual and strongly prefer residents of Texas. May consider residents of surrounding states.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person's education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position's work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee's salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position's level and expected contribution, and the employee's benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
* We anticipate the salary range to be $25, 561.00 to $60, 618.31. The upper end of this range is not likely to be offered, as an individual's compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is "at-will" as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the "at-will" nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Data Analysis
- Hardworking And Dedicated