This position is located in Helena, AR
The Director of Education is responsible for education programs at the East Arkansas Center on Aging and clinical services provided by the UAMS COA East AR Center and day-to-day operations. He/she will provide quality clinical care and leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of education programs for the general public, older adults and their families, health care professionals, and students of the health and social service disciplines.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary: offered commensurate with experience
Education Program Development:
- Provides leadership for the education program component of the UAMS East Center on Aging.
- Establishes the various educational programs in accordance with UAMS guidelines.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other Centers on Aging staff in the development, implementation and evaluation of education programs.
- Active in educating and training all target groups.
- Provides direct care services to patients in ambulatory and/or long-term care settings.
- Collaborates with the Center Director about interdisciplinary team care and clinic management.
- Facilitates the team process including the interdisciplinary communication and negotiation skills.
- Assists teams in the development of team goals and standards; evaluate the educational and competency needs of Staff.
- Works with the statewide leadership teams to develop the East Arkansas Center on Aging strategic plan and update as needed.
- Attends staff meetings, advisory committee meetings and other meetings as appropriate. Will work with UAMS Centers on Aging leadership in the development of the annual budget as well as local budget oversight.
- With the assistance of UAMS Centers on Aging leadership, this person will seek and explore leveraging opportunities.
- Prepares quarterly and annual reports.
Other Duties as assigned.
- Masters Degree in Healthcare, Health Education, Science or related field plus 5 years of experience in management, administrative management, or teaching OR Doctorate degree in related field plus 3 years of experience in management, administrative management, or teaching.
- APRN licensed in the state of Arkansas.
UAMS is an [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director of Education and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director of Education of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 10 lbs or less
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Occasionally
Taste or smell: Never
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Medical Facility Environment, Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Quiet
Visual Requirements: Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity
Long Term Care